MAMETesters Bugs Fixed
: [DIP/Input] amspdwy: Both cars steer with Player 1 controls
: [Color/Palette] nss_lwep: Wrong colors during gameplay
: [Core] z80.c: SCF CCF X and Y flags (hap)
: [Crash/Freeze] kinstb: Killer Instinct (SNES Bootleg) no
longer starts up, freezes at blank screen. (R. Belmont)
: [Sound] gradius4: Gradius IV Fukkatsu sound has the wrong
pitch (R. Belmont)
: [DIP/Input] galmedes: Demo Sound Dip Inverted (Tafoid)
Added a lot of new clones to multfish and cleaned up the driver.
[Vampirz, Fabio Priuli, Brian Troha]
Further ROM name fixes and driver name changes [Yasuhiro Ogawa]
- renamed digdugb to digdug1 (it's a rev1, not a bootleg)
- renamed digduga1 to digdugat1
SNES Updates: [Angelo Salese]
- Fixed direct color gfxs in mode 7
- Fixed direct color gfxs in mode 3/4
- Fixed a vram out-of-bounds bug
- Fixed a blending bug involving main/sub color maths
- Fixed interlace mode gfxs when not in gfx modes 5/6
- Fixed a GDMA boundary bug
- Made the OAM address reset more accurate.
- Fixed HDMA mid-frame inits.
- Added clip colors to black window function
- Converted color clipping to use struct entries
- Made dynamic H resolutions to be called only at vblank start and and fixed gfx mode switching 1/5 and 5/1
- Made the gfx mode switches more accurate.
- Corrected a bunch of SPC registers behaviour
- improved joypad read/write handling and fixed a serial port quirk.
- Fixed serial port for player 2 as well
- Improved cart mode 20 reserved access behaviour
- added OBJ interlace support
ST-V: Improved timer 1 irq behaviour. Pebble Beach still have issues
with gameplay start though (writes lots of garbage for whatever
reason, really worked for random chances before). [Angelo Salese]
Corrected name from Devil's Island to Devil Island. Filled in year
for Fruit Bonus 2006 SE & Bug Fever. [Brian Troha]
Discrete sound update: [couriersud]
- removed global variable discrete_current_context
- discrete_info is now passed instead of device, we may get device by
- Added DISCRETE_IMPORT(*block): imports another discrete block
- Added DISCRETE_REMOVE(node1, node2): removes a range of nodes
- Added DISCRETE_REPLACE: next node replaces existing node, thus
preserving run order
- Added DISCRETE_NOP(node): does nothing, to be replaced.
- Added a prescanning stage to build final block list after execution
of the above.
- The additions provide an easy way to document subtle difference
- Please see audio/galaxian.c for an example
Galaxian sound updates: [couriersud]
- Moon Cresta and Galaxian now have their respective schematics
emulated, i.e. Moon Cresta has a slightly different mixing stage.
- Cleaned up driver, added some section titles and comments, removed
- Removed emu_timer, this was causing a stream of stream_updates only
updating 3 samples
- Replaced with discrete timer module DSS_TIMER now.
- Use DISCRETE_NOTE for pitch generation; it is more accurate
(within the one ms where the pitch changes :-) ) and saves a node
- Use DISCRETE_BITS_DECODE and save 2 nodes.
YM2612/3834 updates [Eke-Eke, Nemesis]
- Split YM2612/3834 to a separate file to avoid disturbing other OPN
- SSG-EG, envelope, LFO, and CSM behavior all improved to better
match tested behavior on real YM2612 chips
DSS_COUNTER updates: [couriersud]
- clock_node no longer needs to be static for DISC_CLK_IS_FREQ
- rewrote inc/dec logic to avoid loop
Added DISCRETE_BIT(S)_DECODE: [couriersud]
- decodes individual bits from input values
- Updated drivers which had macro DISCRETE_BITSET (which was a bit
- This should be slightly faster than using DISCRETE_TRANSROM
Discrete sound enhancements: [couriersud]
- Put some life into RCDISC5 enable mode. This now acts as a switch
between R and C. Capacitor voltage will be preserved if disabled.
- Made galaxian use the above. Saved 2 nodes and increased accuracy.
- Added DISC_LFSR_FLAG_OUTPUT_SR_SN1 flag to shift register noise
generator. This will output the value of the shift register to
sub-node 1. This is needed for future bzone discrete sound
emulation. BTW: RCDISC5 will be used as well.
- Left a note on RCDISC3 on what is needed to be implemented for
- Optimized the LFSR a bit. LFSRs running at high frequency
(> sample_freq) should benefit.
Verified and fixed deniam.c M68K, Z80, YM3812 and OKIM6295 clocks
and OKI pin 7 for logic pro and logic pro 2. Fixed visible area on
logic pro and logic pro 2 to match real PCBs. Add comment about what
ym3812 clone is used. Add note about missing graphical effect in
logic pro (screen dim on coin insert) and marked as
IMPERFECT_GRAPHICS. Add note about 4 pixels at left edge of screen.
[Charles MacDonald, Lord Nightmare]
Attempt to define an I64FMT string that can be used for printf'ing
64-bit integers. This is defined to be "I64" on MSVC and recent mingw
compilers, and "ll" for all others. Updated all instances of 64-bit
prints to use the new macro. [Aaron Giles]
Added spacwalk extended time setting and DIP locations. [gregf, hap]
Merged 5110intf into tms5110, and 5220intf into tms5220. [Aaron Giles]
Z80 changes: [hap]
- Fixed X/Y flags in CCF/SCF/BIT, ZEXALL is happy now
- Simplified DAA, renamed MEMPTR (3.8) to WZ (same temp register as
the officially named WZ in the 8080), added TODO
8085 changes: [hap]
- fixed cycle deduction on unconditional CALL / RET, it took about
half too many cycles
- added cycle tables and cleaned up source layout. This was done
very carefully, it should be errorfree.
- removed HLT cycle eating (earlier, HLT after EI could theoretically
- fixed parity flag on add/sub/cmp. Bug was caused by z80 overflow
detection accidentally left in
- renamed temp register XX to official name WZ
- renamed flags from Z80 style S Z Y H X V N C to S Z X5 H X3 P V C
and fixed X5 / V flags where accidentally broken due to flag names
Fixed MSVC 64-bit compile errors. [Aaron Giles]
Added rgb[a]int_sh[l|r] operations to the rgbutils. rgbvmx needs to be
updated. (Nobody is using them yet.) [Aaron Giles]
Added color PROM for Triple Draw Poker. [David Haywood]
Changed profiler to separate start/stop cases. [Christophe Jaillet]
taito_z DIPSW fixes [kanikani]
Added decryption key for Extreme Hunting 2. [Andreas Naive]
[R. Belmont, Deunan Knute, Alex, Mr. Mudkips, Frank Bukor]
- Use new dump for ic31/32, ROM board test passes now
- Add protection hookup for Marvel vs. Capcom 2, game is playable
Added support TMS1000 family models TMS1000/1070/1100/1200/1270/1300.
Added support for configuration of output PLA to the tms0980/tms1000
interface. [Wilbert Pol]
Implemented transparent mode access for some 6845 model sy6845.
Verified clocks + Vsyncs on Downtown, Caliber 50 and Xmen (2-4
players). [Corrado Tomaselli]
Changed to mono both Downtown and Caliber 50: these pcbs don't have a
stereo connector. [Corrado Tomaselli]
Verified and added correct xtals values for cps1 boards. Added correct
xtal and divisor for OKI6295 taken from Forgotten Worlds schematics.
Decrypted several tables from the B-Rap Boys ROM. [David Haywood]
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
WOW New Fantasia
[Irongiant, David Haywood]
Island 2 (060529) [Vampirz]
Pirate (060210) [Vampirz]
Keks (several sets) [Vampirz]
New clones added
Fruit Cocktail (060111) [Vampirz]
Saulabi Spirits / Jin Saulabi Tu Hon (Korean release of Samurai
Shodown II) [Guru / David Haywood]
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING
Colorama (english) [Roberto Fresca, Angelo Salese]
Roulette V75 (spanish) [Roberto Fresca, Angelo Salese]
Rabbit Poker (Arizona Poker v1.1?)
[Roberto Fresca, Andreas Naive, Tomasz Slanina]
Coinmaster Keno (Y2K, spanish, 2000-12-14)
Coinmaster Keno (Y2K, spanish, 2000-12-02)
Extreme Hunting 2
Dirt Dash (Rev. DT2)