MAMETesters Bugs Fixed
: [Graphics] devilw, darkadv, majuu : Sprite-background
priority isn't correct. (Mamesick)
: [Color/Palette] jjparad2: Wrong background color (Mamesick)
: [Crash/Freeze] kuniokub, kuniokun, renegade: Game freezes
after Title Screen. (Mamesick)
: [Sound] macross2: After stage 1, the sound keeps going out
and coming back. (Nicola Salmoria)
: [Color/Palette] funnymou, suprmous: Wrong colors in Funny
Mouse and clone. (David Haywood)
: [Gameplay] lohtb2: lohtb2 protection emulation is imperfect
: [Core] wrong sector size at CD_TRACK_MODE2 conversion routine
: [Sound] superchs: ES5505 clockspeed too low (Phil Bennett)
: [DIP/Input] banbam, pettanp: The 4th 'Unused' dipswitch is
the 'Freeze' switch. (Angelo Salese)
: [Sound] All games in playch10.c, punchout.c, vsnes.c: It
seems that some sound channels are missing. (Aaron Giles)
Added sound banking to the mirage.c driver. [Angelo Salese]
Removed parent clone relationship from "Street Fighter Zero/Alpha 2"
and "Street Fighter Zero 2 Alpha". [David Haywood]
Removed parent clone relationship between missb2 and bublbobl. We
don't usually make the 'korean hacks' as clones as they have very
little to do with the original releases except for the stolen cpu
code. GFX / Sound / Gameplay are completely redesigned.
Changed VBLANK to irq0_line_assert and added a CLEAR_LINE in the
peplus driver. This greatly increases speed on all video slots.
Cleaned up the sample rom loading in mirage.c. [Angelo Salese]
MCS-51 improvements: [couriersud, Jim Stolis]
* Fixed split timer mode
* No interrupts for timer 0 modes 0,1,2 while timer 1 in mode 3
* mcs51 core now supports 4 interrupt levels depending on cpu type
* According to Philips, 80C31 is a 80C52 family member with 128K
internal ram and no rom
* Implemented cmos features: powerdown & idle
* Added comments about special function registers on Philips 80C52
* cleaned up reset routines
* Fixed INT0 & INT1 interrupt line handling
* Finally move cpu/i8051 to cpu/mcs51, rename files and some
* Quotes from the documentation added to the source as well
* Started DS5002FP integration
Updated nes pcm dma to read data through the cpu address map.
Fixed Dip Switches for 'ambush' and clones. [stephh]
Improvements to magicfly driver: [Roberto Fresca]
- Added sound support to magicfly and 7mezzo.
- Hooked coin counters to magicfly and 7mezzo.
- Inverted the graphics banks to be straight with the hardware accesses.
- Updated the memory map description and technical notes.
- Added game notes and documented the test/settings/bookkeeping modes.
Fixed Dip Switches for 'arabian' and clones. [stephh]
Fixed Dip Switches for 'spaceint' and clones. [stephh]
Fixed MSM5205 ADPCM and sound comms in Ashita no Joe/Success Joe.
Changed superchs ES5505 clock rate to 15238050Hz. [Philip Bennett]
Fixed Dip Switches for all games in astrof.c driver. [stephh]
Various improvements to the jalmah.c driver: [Angelo Salese]
* Fixed tilemaps paging / tilemap positioning;
* Fixed a protection issue in Mahjong Daireikai,not giving correct
colors for the girls in-game;
* Fixed a rom-loading issue in Mahjong Daireikai;
* Fixed 'ZA' sound banking behaviour,this fixes at least the sound
* Removed VIDEO_EOF and added a TIMER_DEVICE_CALLBACK function for
* Added WIP code for the priority system;
* Added a NO_DUMP for the MCU for all the sets;
Rewrite of the Motorola DSP56k CPU core. [Andrew Gardner]
* Partially implemented inc24, asl4, bcc, brkcc, and doForever ops.
* Added code for parallel address register update.
* Partially implemented tfr op.
* Polygonet now allows test mode to be run for a few seconds. Most
IO is now known, though coin2 is still a mystery.
* Partially implemented move, asr4, and mpy ops.
YM2608/2612: applied latest fixes/discoveries. [Eke-Eke, Nemesis]
Added palette fading effect on macrossp.c driver. [Angelo Salese]
Fixed skewing and display area in MC6845. [Curt Coder]
Fixed Dip Switches and inputs for 'dreamwld'. [stephh]
NEC CPU core improvements: [couriersud]
* removed another speed hack in the NEC core
* renamed "FETCH" to "FETCH()" (macros used as functions should
look like functions)
* Preparation for opcode prefetch timing
* improved prefetch timing calculation
* prefetch timing now also used by V20 and V33
* moved some static variables into cpu context
* nec_reset now explicitly clears context variables
* all cpus now share nec_execute
More Discrete module optimizations. Added optimized custom mixer to
Donkey Kong. [Derrick Renaud]
lohtb2: Improved mcu emulation [couriersud]
* The whole startup cycle now works. No more timeouts and erratic
* lohtb2 will however not display the "Warning" screen due to a
priority issue. With color/attribute of 0x80 in videoram at 0xd0000 and 0xd8000, videoram at 0xd80000 will be displayed. Some tilemap guru has to look into this.
Fix GCC 4.3 "array bounds exceeded" error in disc_flt.c. [R. Belmont]
plygonet improvements: [R. Belmont]
- Turned off network IRQ. Game now boots without "network error"
- Hooked up palette RAM
- Improved text layer emulation (flip bits still missing)
- Fixed text layer emulation and visible area. FBI logo and color
test now display properly.
Fixed sound,hooked-up generic inputs and added some notes in Alien
Command (not yet working). [Angelo Salese]
Fixed m72 tilemap group 2 priorities. [couriersud]
Fixed Joker's Wild graphics to 2 bits per pixel. [Roberto Fresca]
NeoGeo updates [JohnBoy}
* Updated NeoGeo game pcb infos
* Renamed p's in kof2000n to correct chip label
* Renamed v's in mahretsu to correct chip label, readded 128k m1
from Mame 0.34b6 / s1 from older dump
* breakrev: Renamed c's to correct chip label, added correct c5/c6
* Marked mslug3h MVS AND AES VERSION
* Marked mslug4 2nd revision, added mslug4 1st revision missing set
* Marked trally MVS AND AES VERSION
* Marked ncombath MVS AND AES VERSION
* Marked sengoku MVS VERSION
* Marked superspy MVS AND AES VERSION
* Marked mutnat MVS AND AES VERSION
Modified src2html to use a template source file instead of hard-coding
to the MAME site. Changed from explicit styles to classes.
Changed magictg to use (hopefully correct) roms. [David Haywood]
Naomi / DC improvements [Samuele Zannoli]
* cvs2gd stops looping forever. However with no 3d emulation nothing
is shown on the screen.
* implemented the naomi RTC and there are a few verbose messages
about transfers not implemented yet.
Fixed Dip Switches for 'exprraid' and clones. [stephh]
Improvements to re900.c driver [Roberto Fresca, Grull Osgo]
- Reworked inputs to allow 6 players through a selector.
- Hooked all lamps (even the ball simulator array).
- Added a internal layout and support for external artwork.
- Extended the hardware to support Buena Suerte '94.
- Cleaned up the driver.
Fixed Dip Switches for 'gyruss' and clones. [stephh]
Fix NES APU to work with high sample rates (don't know the bug #).
Synchronized 6502 disassembly with CPU core. [Pugsy]
Added missing const/statics, added/removed entries in header files,
and fixed a few potential multisession issues by explicitly adding
initializers. asic65.c has significant changes to accomodate using a
struct instead of 16 variables, otherwise the changes are modest and
obvious. [Atari Ace]
expro02 driver improvements: [Sonikos]
- Fixed dips in all galsnew sets and fantasia.
- Added dips location.
- A little driver clean up.
Added save state support to the toaplan2 driver. [Atari Ace]
Changed the coinage settings and swapped coin A mech with coin B to
match the behaviour of Chelnov (world) pcb. [Corrado Tomaselli]
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
Buena Suerte '94 [Grull Osgo, Roberto Fresca]
Virtual Mahjong 2 - My Fair Lady
New clones added
Power Instinct (USA)
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING
Joker's Wild (encrypted) [Roberto Fresca]