MAMETesters Bugs Fixed
: [Graphics] sgladiat: Emulation is missing some enemy sprites
that are present on the pcb. (Nicola Salmoria)
: [Interface] Annoying behaviour of highlighted entries in
minimal UI (Aaron Giles)
: [Crash/Freeze] cubeqst: Cubequest crashes on ATI hardware
w/ prescale > 1 (Aaron Giles)
: [DIP/Input] gwarb: Guerrilla War bootleg doesn't need a
rotary joy (Nicola Salmoria)
: [DIP/Input] stv.c games: P1 and P2 Button 4 are duplicated.
: [DIP/Input] ckongg: Coinage settings are wrong.
: [Graphics] ozmawars, ozmawar2, solfight, spaceph: Streaks
and dashes appear on screen after playing awhile
: [Sound] centipdb, magworm, millpac: No Sound (couriersud)
: [DIP/Input] spacegun: Missing crosshairs (Nicola Salmoria)
: [DIP/Input] ozmawars, ozmawar2, solfight, spaceph: DIP
settings for coinage are incorrect (Fabio Priuli)
: [Core] corrupt CHDs are reported as missing (Aaron Giles)
: [Misc.] chindrah: The title of Zhong Guo Long?(Hong Kong,
V011H) is Dong Fang Zhi Zhu(Hong Kong, V011H) (Aaron Giles)
: [Misc.] In audio/system16.c, there is a reference to
REGION_SOUND1 (Aaron Giles)
: [Cheat System] flamegun: Debugger/Cheat System upper case
cpu tag of MAIN doesn't work (Aaron Giles)
: [Side-by-side] All sets in cps3.c: video from a DV cam
proves the refresh rate of CPS3 in MAME is wrong (Aaron Giles)
: [Documentation] xymg: The game name should be Xing Yun Man
Guan and "Pin Yin:"should be omitted (Aaron Giles)
: [Interface] cubeqst: from minimal UI cubeqst requires the
optional CHD (Aaron Giles)
: [Graphics] ikari: The title screen and high score screen do
not have a black background, as MAME displays.
: [DIP/Input] rtypej: DIP Switch "Demo Sounds" is wrong
: [Gameplay] fastlane: the random function of this doesn't work
well and always gives a "no bonus"... (ShimaPong)
Changed DIRECTINPUT & DIRECT3D handling, so they can be overridden by
environment variables. [smf]
Readded generic calls to install memory handlers that were in long
before 0.126u5 - these are useful on the MESS side for things like
the PC driver. [Nathan Woods]
HD63484 improvements: [robiza]
* fixed cpx and cpy when a ptn or a agcpy command is executed
* fixed for PTN command: copy direction and dot color
* first implementation of PAINT command (for now only 4bpp and 8bpp
supported and the pattern is not supported)
Cleaned up the discrete code and fixed discrete logging.
Fixed handling of a number of static variables to avoid multisession
issues. [Atari Ace]
Moved FD1089 decryption keys to external files. [Atari Ace]
Changed 68000 IRQ support so that the IRQ lines explicitly simulate
a standard demux chip connected to the IRQ lines. This means that the
now works as expected. This required fixes to several Atari and other
drivers. [Olivier Galibert]
Input port cleanup pass over drivers from N-V, leveraging
AM_READ_PORT, converting to full 32-bit inputs where suitable, using
CUSTOM_PORTs for EEPROM bits, etc. [Fabio Priuli]
Additional input port cleanups in the cps1, deco, pgm, psikyo, nbmj,
and jaleco drivers. [Fabio Priuli]
snk.c rewrite: [Nicola Salmoria]
- fixed sprite-sprite priorities
- TNK3, Athena, Fighting Golf, Country Club
- converted to tilemaps
- removed hacks
- proper memory maps
- screen flip / cocktail mode support
- DIP locations
- better implementation of sound CPU communication
- hooked sound CPU interrupts to YM chips
- fitegolf hax 1xYM3812, not 2xYM3526
- Ikari Warriors, Victory Road
- removed ROM patches
- simulated "hard flags" behaviour
- proper memory maps
- fixed ikarijp color test
- renamed dogosokj to dogosokb and loaded the correct palette PROMs
- inputs, dip locations, etc.
- removed NO_COCKTAIL flag since these games don't have a flip
screen dip switch
- Guerrilla War, Psycho Soldier, Chopper I, TouchDown Fever /
- proper memory map
- input, dip locations, etc.
- Bermuda Triangle / World Wars
- removed ROM patches
- simulated "turbo front" check
- renamed bermudao->bermudaj
- clarified the relationship between the four sets
- made World Wars a main set instead of a clone of Bermuda Triangle
- tliemaps, proper memory maps, inputs, etc.
- moved from hal21.c to snk.c
- removed hacks, fixed bg color
- moved from sgladiat.c to snk.c
- fixed shadows, visible area, tilemaps, inputs, etc.
- Jumping Cross
- moved from jcross.c to snk.c
- fixed fg layer and visible area
- the game seems to be ok now? is there still something wrong?
Added 8303 ROM to the games using it and updated MCU simulation to
match the new findings. [Nicola Salmoria]
Removed duplicate buttons in sf2hack. Promoted sf2m2 clone to
Added helper function devtag_get_device(machine, type, tag) to
retrieve the device_config for (type, tag). [couriersud]
Hooked up sound CPU comms in Power Instinct 2. This enables
synchronized dancing for the background characters. [ShimaPong]
Fixed bug when writing AVI files with more than one RIFF chunk.
Added missing chdman error messages when extracting to an AVI file.
Derived CPS2/CPS3 video timing based on measurements. These are
educated guesses. The logic behind the derivations is shown in the
source. [Aaron Giles]
Game-A-Tron gambling hardware updates: [Roberto Fresca]
- Added sound support to "Poker 4-1" and "Pull Tabs".
- Figured out the output ports. Documented each bit accessed.
- Added button lamps support. Created layouts for both games.
- Switched the 8255 port C to be used as output port.
- Adjusted the coin pulse timing.
- Updated technical notes.
- Splitted the driver to driver + video.
- Final clean-up.
Fixed problem that would cause the "Return To Prior Menu" menu item to
not stick if one is calling ui_menu_reset() with
UI_MENU_RESET_REMEMBER_POSITION, and that menu item is selected.
Added PR-8210 support to the ldplayer. Fixed step forward command on
the PR-8210. [Aaron Giles]
Changed Journey and Domino Man to 4-way joysticks. [John Rieman]
Added Discrete Sound for Starship 1. Still need to properly emulate
the MC3340. [Derrick Renaud]
Changed some decryptions in igs_blit.c to use program roms loaded
byteswapped. Decrypted Mahjong Man Guan Cai Shen, Mahjong Long
Hu Zheng Ba 2, Mahjong Shuang Long Qiang Zhu 2, and Mahjong Super
Da Man Guan 2. [Pierpaolo Prazzoli]
Added save state for discrete node->output to ensure that input nodes
save states. [couriersud]
Added a new generic latch device. Generic emulation of 74LS174/175,
74LS259 and other latches. Apart from providing synched latch
operation, these latches can be configured to read their input
bitwise from other devices as well and individual bits can be
connected to discrete nodes. Please see audio/dkong.c for examples.
dkong & friends: Use new latch device [couriersud]
* adds new latch device where appropriate
* increased accuracy since now all main/sound cpu communications
are properly latched
* removed quite some code as a consequence
* minor cosmetic edits
Updated adp memory map. [robiza]
m4510 core fixes: [robiza]
- banking in read and write operations
- jsr and jsrx instruction
- fixed TSY instruction
Optimized ycc_to_rgb conversion code. [couriersud]
Added readme for The Simpsons. [Guru]
zn.c improvements: [smf]
- Improved dip switch emulation, ram hacks to get games booting are
no longer required.
- Added gun emulation for judge dredd.
- Fixed judge dredd ide emulation when building with visual studio.
- Mapped primal rage 2 inputs
- Mapped player 3 & 4 inputs for 1 on 1 government, these are now
the default with the 6 button inputs only mapped for games that
- Converted AT28C16 to a device.
- Added preliminary support for devices to load/save nvram.
Added some initial logic to boot and run the PR-8210 ROM (i8049)
in ldplayer.c. Currently this is disabled behind a compile-time
switch. Once this is working, the plan is to incorporate this into
the existing PR-8210 emulation, but we're not there yet. [Aaron Giles]
Changed Trivia Quest clocks based on some really old information.
Added new function tilemap_set_pen_data_offset(). While this isn't
'free' as tilemap_set_palette_offset() is (when the offset changes,
the pixmap cache needs to be invalidated), it helps removing some
redundant code from drivers. Updated snk.c and snk68.c to take
advantage of the new function. [Nicola Salmoria]
Significant cleanup/rewrite of the MCS-48 CPU core:
* renamed from i8039 to mcs48
* changed to use data address space for internal RAM
* added internal memory maps for variants with internal RAM/ROM
* added a number of variants from documentation
* removed redundant and unused definitions from header file
* renamed constants and functions to be MCS48* prefixed
* re-verified all opcode behaviors and timing
* changed illegal opcodes to count 1 cycle to avoid infinite loops
* changed EA behavior so that it is a push from the driver instead of a pull on each opcode fetch
(this may change further in the future).
* reimplemented IRQ generation and timer behavior according to documentation
* updated all drivers accordingly
* fixed several uses of PULSE_LINE, which no longer works
SH4, Naomi, and Hikaru updates [Samuele Zannoli]
- Fixed SH-4 core to support multiple SH-4s
- Fixed LDCSR instruction
- Fixed SH-4 I/O ports
- Skeleton Hikaru driver with memory maps and both SH-4s
- Fixed JVS/Maple translation so Naomi 2 BIOS runs
Fixed Dip Switches and Inputs for 'jcross' and 'sgladiat'. [stephh]
Changed slider controls into a menu. For now, removed the old direct
access mechanism; instead, you must access the sliders via the main
menu. While in the menu, you can use the ~ key to turn off the menu
display and leave only the bar display, in order to see more of the
screen. [Aaron Giles]
Namco NB 1/2 work: [Olivier Galibert]
- Shares the memory with the c75.
- Renames the c75 region to c7x from user4.
- Implements the c75 reset/halt control.
- Implements the irqs more correctly.
Small optimization to memory handling for 68000 core.
Fixed input port confusion in the 8080bw driver. Connected AVGDVG
status bits via PORT_CUSTOM. [Fabio Priuli]
Updated stepper motor code to use a MAME-style config interface,
rather than a load of setting functions. Changed optic functions to
use clearly defined start and end points. Added standard layout for
Starpoint units used in many machines. Updated all affected drivers.
Removed useless backslashes lurking throughout the code. [Atari Ace]
Improvements to magic10.c driver: [Roberto Fresca]
- Added Magic's 10 version 16.15
- Remapped all inputs to match other poker games.
- Added a missing input to Magic's 10 games.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
Aero Fighters Special (Tiawan) [smf]
Super Football Champ [smf]
Magical Date / Magical Date - dokidoki kokuhaku daisakusen [smf]
Fighters' Impact [smf]
Judge Dredd [smf]
New clones added
Top Skater (USA)
Ikari Warriors (US)
Magic's 10 (ver. 16.15) [Roberto Fresca]