MAMETesters Bugs Fixed
: [Gameplay] sqix: [possible] sprites slowdown (couriersud)
: [Core] sqixbl, perestro, perestrf: game resets after starting
: [Core] windheat: Game freeze (Aaron Giles)
: [Misc.] Many Sets: Fatal Error crash - Fatal error: Input
ports cannot be read at init time! (src/emu/inptport.c:1278)
: [DIP/Input] chplft, chplftb, chplftbl: Choplifter player 2
video is upside down (couriersud)
: [DIP/Input] exerizrb, skyfox: Coin 1 mapped twice.
: [Graphics] gradius4: 3D gfx problem. (Aaron Giles)
: [Misc.] Effects overlay showing in snapshots (Aaron Giles)
: [Graphics] kinst13, kinst14, kinstp: Attract mode graphics
regression (Aaron Giles)
: [Misc.] srmvs: Assertion (Aaron Giles)
: [DIP/Input] All sets in kinst.c: Mass coin input disables
dipswitch access, and thus further coin input during a fight.
: [DIP/Input] startrek, tacscan, zektor: Duplicate P1 + P2
Starts Mapped (couriersud)
: [DIP/Input] ballbomb: Player 1 Left+Right and Button 1 mapped
: [DIP/Input] ssfindo: Player 2 Start mapped twice.
: [DIP/Input] All sets in rastan.c: 2nd (unused) Service Mode
DIP assigned. (stephh)
: [DIP/Input] Various: Unable to construct input ports!
(part 2) (Aaron Giles)
: [DIP/Input] realbrk, realbrkk, realbrkj: Flip screen DIP
switch doesn't work. (couriersud)
: [DIP/Input] alienar, alienaru, splat: Duplicated Inputs
: [DIP/Input] joust, joustr, joustwr: Player 1 and Player 2
Start buttons are mapped twice. (couriersud)
: [DIP/Input] gstream: Duplicated Inputs (couriersud)
: [Graphics] mooncrst and most clones: 3rd+4th Wave have
enemies that are corrupted. (couriersud)
: [Misc.] Various: Access Violation when saving a snapshot
: [DIP/Input] nomnlndg: Unable to locate input port 'DSW'
: [Misc.] All sets in atartig1.c: Fatal Exception crash
: [DIP/Input] teetert: Player movement has slowed from
previous MAME (Aaron Giles)
Fixed input port read at init time in grchamp.c. [Curt Coder]
Fixed input port read validation. The previous check was way too
aggressive, and prevented CUSTOM_INPUT handlers from reading other
ports. This one sets an "all clear" flag as soon as the configuration
data is loaded. [Aaron Giles]
GX era haradware: update video parameters to use actual values written
to the CCU. [Yasuhiro Ogawa]
MultiPCM/315-5560 rewrite. All features are now supported including
PLFO and ALFO. [ElSemi]
Fixed read from input port during VIDEO_START in namcofl.c.
Cleaned up z80dma interface [couriersud]
* removed compatibility to old z80dma driver
* now uses std. callbacks (READ8_HANDLER, WRITE8_HANDLER)
* updated mario and dkong3 accordingly
Implemented 8257 dma controller as proper device [couriersud]
* rewrote 8257dma.[ch]
* updated dkong.c accordingly
dkong.c: Merge driver init code for drakton and strtheat [couriersud]
* made decryption for drakton and strtheat more compact
* moved decryption and driver init code into dkong.c
* deleted drakton.c and strtheat.c
Added emulation of ST-0026 NiLe (sound). Added audio to Super
Real Mahjong P6. [Tomasz Slanina, R. Belmont]
i8x41 improvements: [Wilbert Pol]
- Removed i8x41.ram hack from the i8x41 cpu core.
- Fixed disassembly for opcode 0x67.
- Added configurable i8x41/i8x42 subtype support.
- Fixed carry flag handling in ADDC A,#N instruction.
- Fixed carry flag handling in RLC A instruction.
- Updated the ram sizes. 8041 uses 128 bytes, 8042
8042 uses 256 bytes.
- Added support for re-enabling interrupts inside
an interrupt handler.
- Fixed cycle count for DJNZ instruction.
Converted voodoo into a proper device. Updated drivers accordingly.
Cal Omega driver updates: [Roberto Fresca]
- Lots of improvements on the input system.
- Adjusted the CPU adressing to 14 bits for systems 903/904.
- Adjusted the CPU adressing to 15 bits for system 905.
- Rewrote all the ROM loads based on these changes.
- Defined CPU, UART and sound clocks.
- Splitted the sound interface to cover different systems.
- Splitted the PIAs interfaces to cover different systems.
- Added sound to system 905 games.
- Added MACHINE_START and MACHINE_RESET to initialize the devices
- Documented the systems 903/904 UART connections.
- Traced and added PIAs connection diagrams for systems 903/904/905.
- Hooked the missing DIP Switches bank to the AY8912 for system 903.
- Added preliminary serial/UART support to systems 903/904.
- Hooked the missing DIP Switches bank to the ACIA 6850 for systems
903/904. It allow to choose the proper transfer rate for UART.
- Fixed graphics ROM loads for different Hotline versions.
- Added support to Game 8.0 (Arcade Black Jack).
- Added support to Game 12.3 (Ticket Poker).
- Added support to Game 23.0 (FC Bingo (4-card)).
- Renamed all roms of each set according to the systems schematics and official list.
- Cleaned-up the sets.
- Cleaned-up the driver.
- Updated technical notes.
Save state support: [Aaron Giles]
* added save state support to the MIPS3 recompiler
* added save state support to CAGE audio system
* added save state support to the voodoo emulator
* added save state support to the smc91c9x emulator
* added save state support to the kinst, seattle, and vegas drivers
* fixed core video handling of save states with dynamic screen resolutions
* added save state support to the SHARC CPU core
* added save state support to the PowerPC recompiler
* added save state support to the virtual TLB system
* added save state support to the RF5C400 sound core
* added save state support to konppc module
* added save state support to K056800 host controller
* added save state support to the Konami hornet driver
SMC91C9x: [Aaron Giles]
* converted to proper device
* updated seattle and vegas drivers to allocate devices
* added separate 91C96 device for eventual 2049 use
* cleaned up code
Added machine parameter to memory_region() and memory_region_length()
functions. Cleaned up usage of these throughout the code to cache
pointers rather than calling these functions repeatedly during loops.
Fixed poor default CLUT handling in the voodoo driver. [Aaron Giles]
Added additional Naomi BIOSes. [Brian Troha, Guru]
DRC fixes: [Aaron Giles]
* Fixed WRITEM opcode on 64-bit to call through memory instead of
directly. Solves assertions with gcc 4.3 and 64-bit linux.
* Fixed DCMP opcode on the 32-bit back-end
* Fixed LZCNT opcode in x86 and x64 back-ends
* Added support for flags in LZCNT and BSWAP opcodes on x86 and x64
Changed debugger so it does not stop while we are waiting for a
pending event to occur. This eliminates some confusion during reset
and state loading. [Aaron Giles]
Explicitly disabled overlays for non-native snapshots (native
snapshots already had them disabled). [Aaron Giles]
Added more complete readmes for Konami PowerPC games. [Guru]
Cleaned up system register access in Konami PowerPC games. Connected
EEPROM in hornet driver (doesn't seem to affect much). Altered network
IRQ timing to fix several problems. Most games are back to their
previous "working" states. [Aaron Giles]
Changed DRC frontend to pass a pointer to the previous instruction
when describing. Updated PowerPC frontend to approximately take into
account branch and CR logic folding in timing computations.
Updated cheat system: [Shimapong]
- Merged 3 different search menu functions to search_main_menu()
- Added new cheat options, "Vertical/Horizontal Key Repeat Speed"
NOTE : delete all cheat options in the database before start
or reload default options (Shift + Reload key)
in cheat general menu
- Changed assignment of Entry for Activation Key and Pre-enable
command code. Now there are check the tag in comment field
instead of index number. But it's only for new format command
and old is as before
- Added tag output in save_activation_key() and save_pre_enable()
- Cleaned up save_cheat_options() to output description
- Changed memory read function in watchpoints
No longer "Debugger" watchpoint mis-hit "Cheat" watchpoint
- Fixed several reported/found bugs
- Renamed funcitons/enum based on coding guidlines
All functions are completed in this update
Removed DEBUGGER flag from makefile and ENABLE_DEBUGGER macro from
the source code. All MAME builds now include the debugger, and it is
enabled/disabled exclusively by the runtime command-line/ini settings.
This is a minor speed hit for now, but will be further optimized going
forward. [Aaron Giles]
Changed the 'd' suffix in the makefile to apply to DEBUG builds
(versus DEBUGGER builds as it did before). [Aaron Giles]
Changed machine->debug_mode to machine->debug_flags. These flags now
indicate several things, such as whether debugging is enabled, whether
CPU cores should call the debugger on each instruction, and whether
there are live watchpoints on each address space. Redesigned a
significant portion of debugcpu.c around the concept of maintaining
these flags globally and a similar, more complete set of flags
internally for each CPU. All previous functionality should work as
designed but should be more robust and faster to work with.
Added new debugger hooks for starting/stopping CPU execution. This
allows the debugger to decide whether or not a given CPU needs to call
the debugger on each instruction during the coming timeslice. Also
added new debugger hook for reporting exceptions. Proper exception
breakpoints are not yet implemented. [Aaron Giles]
Added 360degree wheel (dial) input to GTMR, which is available when
the Controller dip is set to 'Wheel', and Controls dip is set to
'1P Side'. Note when Controls dip is set to 'Both Sides', 270degree
wheel (paddle) input is used. [Minwah]
Verified clocks and adjusted sound volumes in Fairyland Story.
More conversion to input_port_read: [Fabio Priuli]
* updated the whole mid*unit family of drivers + seattle & zeus
which shared some input code.
* updated most namco systems + a couple of old drivers sharing the
input handling, minus namcos22
* updated most of the M->Q drivers + finally removed indexed reads
from megadriv.c (without breaking ssf2ghw)
* removed indexed read from drivers starting with r (and slightly
simplify inputs in royalmah.c)
* unified nichibustu mahjong input ports (using common ports in
nbmj9195.c as well as in the other drivers), removed indexed read
and exploited tags to reduce complexity in a couple of handlers
Fixed missing sha1 values in ampoker2.c, atarigx2.c, cabal.c, and
ksys573.c. [John Gilbert]
Fixed a few build problems with the cpu/sound cores M65CE02,
ALPHA8201, TMC0285, TMS5200 and corrected the dependencies for
the mips core. [Atari Ace]
Finish the work on ddragon3: [Sonikos]
- Mapped the correct dip "SW1-8" before was incorrect
- Added "FBI Logo" dips in ctribe
- Fixed the dips condition's implementation to avoid the mame crash
- Change the name of (Italian bootleg) in a better (bootleg Set 2)
Set OKI 6295 pin 7 to high in gotcha driver. [Sonikos]
Fixed make MSVC_BUILD=1 -j2 and corrected an oversight in the
cross-build support. [Atari Ace]
Cleaned up most of the Machine stuff in src/emu/machine. There is
a bit left to clean up, but it's mostly stuck at some interfaces now.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
WonderLeague '96 [David Haywood]
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING
Cal Omega - Game 8.0 (Arcade Black Jack)
Cal Omega - Game 12.3 (Ticket Poker)
Cal Omega - Game 23.0 (FC Bingo (4-card))