MAMETesters Bugs Fixed
00426: [Core] tenkaibb, mjreach: don't bootup correctly. (Emuman)
01711: [Gameplay] connect4, mpu4met0, mpu4tst2, mpu4utst, bctvidbs:
Using -CHEAT trigger causes a crash (Atari Ace)
00149: [Misc.] No error report for invalid BIOS setting. (Atari Ace)
01588: [Core] timecrsa, timecris: MAME simply quits after pressing F3
in both sets, game cannot be runned (Atari Ace)
01733: [Core] diehard: Game fails to start (Aaron Giles)
01710: [DIP/Input] spacetrk, sptrekct: Cannot insert coins in both sets
01721: [DIP/Input] sspaceat, sspacat2, sspacat3, sspacatc : Problems
with inserting coins. (Aaron Giles)
01740: [DIP/Input] carnival, headon, heiankyo, pulsar, samurai,
tranqgun : Is not possible to insert any coin. (Aaron Giles)
01724: [Core] garou, garouo: Can't start the game (Aaron Giles)
01732: [Core] kof99, kof99a, kof99e: Game doesn't start (Aaron Giles)
01742: [Interface] punchout, armwrest + many vsnes.c and playch10.c
games: Refreshspeed causes fatal exception in punchout
01670: [Graphics] kungfum, kungfud, spartanx, kungfub, kungfub2: Main
character sprite not hidden at end of level. (Nicola Salmoria)
01686: [Graphics] ldrun3, ldrun3jp: visible area problem
00248: [Graphics] repulse: Once the player has been shot, a misplaced
tile appears on the screen. (robiza)
01145: [Graphics] sonofphx, 99lstwar, 99lstwrk, repulse: When you die
in the first level, there's a red graphics glitch at the lower
00498: [Graphics] sonofphx, 99lstwar, 99lstwra, 99lstwrk, repulse: When
the end-level mothership appears in the stage 4, it shows through
the trees and scrolls showing through. (robiza)
Improvements to aerfboo2: [robiza]
- fix bg1 and bg2 offset
- fix sprites
- promoted to "working" (NO SOUND)
Added a macro for the CDP1869 interface, and made write handlers
optional. [Curt Coder]
Fixed offset sprite/background in kyugo.c. [robiza]
Fixed the 6502 family of disassemblers to show the correct bit to
operate for BBR, BBS, RMB and SMB instructions. (65C02/65CE02 CPUs
and variants) [Roberto Fresca]
Fixed 2 opcodes for quizf1: now the little machines move correctly.
Converted the ppi8255 implementation to a device. [Wilbert Pol]
Changed the inline validity checks to work around GCC bug #35885.
Expanded the set of memory accessor functions. In addition to
direct byte, word, dword, and qword accessors for all bus sizes,
there are now masked word, dword, and qword accessors for all
bus sizes. [Aaron Giles]
Further CPS1 improvements:
[Nicola Salmoria, Corrado Tomaselli, Charles MacDonald]
* fixed layer enable at the end of stage 4 in Varth.
* increased Varth CPU clock to 12MHz to reduce slowdowns (the game
was released after sf2ce so the faster A-board was available).
* verified more gfx rom mappings against PAL dumps (thanks to Corrado)
* verified memory maps using A-board PAL dumps (thanks to Charles)
* separated the address ranges for CPS-A and CPS-B customs. This
finally clarifies why some registers are fixed and some change
with every game.
* identified three new unknown registers in the CPS-B-21 custom.
Their purpose is unknown.
* all unhandled accesses to CPS-A/CPS-B registers will now be
reported. There shouldn't be any left. Look out for
"contact MAMEDEV" popups.
* cleaned memory maps. Moved forgotten worlds special input mmeory
handlers to DRIVER_INIT.
* moved extra input handlers to video/cps1.c since the extra
connectors are on the C-board.
* added sound to Final Crash.
* lowered SF2 clock speed to 10MHz. This is on the assumption that,
since the 12MHz A-Board is called "89626A-4 DASH", it should
have started to be used with SF2 DASH--that is, sf2ce.
Inverted the sense of the memory mask that is passed to read/write
handlers. Previously, the mask indicated which bits were NOT requested
to be read/written. Now, the mask indicates which bits ARE to be
read/written, which is more logical. Updated a number of drivers and
the MIPS CPU cores to comply. [Aaron Giles]
Funworld updates: [Roberto Fresca]
- Removed the temporary hack to jolyc980.
- Updated technical notes
- Moved snookr10 to its own driver.
- Minor clean-up.
Improved the IGS017 based games: [Luca Elia]
- iqblocka: bypassed the protection, emulated the video hardware,
inputs and sound.
- tjsb: it now boots and has partially decrypted graphics.
Added new Windows option -watchdog, which creates a watchdog thread
that forcibly kills the application after a certain number of seconds.
Primarily intended to be used in regression test runs to handle the
occasional hung game. [Aaron Giles]
Improved popper.c colors useing resistor values from schematics.
[couriersud, Joe Magiera]
Changed and verified cpu frequencies on kyugo.c games. Gyrodine and
99 the last war and clones run on the same board. [Corrado Tomaselli]
Added preliminary 68681 DUART (machine\68681.c) [Mariusz Wojcieszek]
Moved Microtouch touch screen controller emulation to separate module
(machine\microtch.c). [Mariusz Wojcieszek]
Specifying an invalid bios is now a fatalerror. Also, "default" is
no longer a special BIOS type; if you want the default BIOS, leave
the bios option blank. [Atari Ace]
DEC T-11 CPU improvements: [Miodrag Milanovic]
- HALT - now calls interrupt vector
- ILLEGAL - had PC=0 at the end which makes code not run fine
- MARK - now it is implemented
Memory map merge for twin16 driver. [Andrew Gardner]
Removed silly idle skip code in prehisle driver. [David Haywood]
AY-3-8910 rewrite: [couriersud]
* adds a model to calculate mixing of channels with different
* based on above, each channel may be assigned a different load in
individual case, i.e. channels not tied together
* rewrote ay8910.c to make emulation simpler
* changed the config structure to include a flag field and output
* Updated all drivers affected.
* Added some "Todos" related to stuff I discovered when reading
* Fixed a bug in disc_flt.c (konami filters)
Fixed discrete sound and konami filter addressing in galaxian driver.
Also changed addressing of AY-3-8910 to be in line with schematics.
Added discrete sound for filtering ("konami"-style) and mixing in
Changed UI to allow volumes higher than 2.0. [Nicola Salmoria]
Changed code which used assignment in conditionals to break out the
assignment. [Atari Ace]
Converted a large number of Machine -> machine and removed #include
"deprecat.h" where possible. [Atari Ace]
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
Side by Side [Maruwa]
Jumping Pop (NICs, Korean bootleg of Plump Pop)
[Robin Cooper, David Haywood]
Touchmaster [Mariusz Wojcieszek]
Touchmaster 3000 [Mariusz Wojcieszek]
Touchmaster 4000 [Mariusz Wojcieszek]
Touchmaster 5000 [Mariusz Wojcieszek]
Touchmaster 7000 [Mariusz Wojcieszek]
New clones added
Aero Fighters (bootleg set 2)
1942 (Williams Electronics license)
Rygar (US set 3 Old Version)
Ghosts'n Goblins (Italian bootleg, harder) [Corrado Tomaselli]
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING
Apple 10 (Ver 1.21)
Ten Balls (Ver 1.05)