MAMETesters Bugs Fixed
createconfig+debug0119yel [Nathan Woods]
jrpacman0119gre [Aaron Giles]
Fixed crash/display corruption in System C2 and System 18 games.
Synchronized the MB86233 core with ElSemi's, fixing a few bugs
along the way. [Ernesto Corvi]
Fixed synchronization code in the Model 2 driver. [Ernesto Corvi]
Fixed SCALER, SCALERL, and ATANRL opcodes in the i960 core.
Updates to the gdrawpkr driver: [Roberto Fresca]
- Added sound support to "El Grande - 5 Card Draw".
- All CPU and sound clocks derived from #defined crystal values.
- Some minor input cleanups.
ARM7 core fixes: [R. Belmont]
- Fixed unaligned reads/writes (again)
- Fixed minimum instruction bytes to account for Thumb mode
- Fixed missing dependency in ARM7 build rule
- Fixed Thumb mode ASR instruction
Added newly-dumped BIOS ROMs and preliminary emulation of the SPU
board in Pop'n Music 7 to the Firebeat driver. [Ville Linde]
Cleaned up input ports in the taito_z.c driver. [Brian Troha]
Updated the sources to support removing -wno-unused-function. Dead
code has been identified with #ifdef UNUSED_FUNCTION to allow for
further analysis and potential future removal. [Atari Ace]
Fixed a number of issues in the h6280 CPU core: [Wilbert Pol]
- Taking of interrupts is delayed to respect a pending instruction
already in the instruction pipeline.
- Added 1 cycle for decimal mode ADC and SBC instructions.
- Changed cycle counts for CSH and CSL instructions to 3.
- Added T flag support to the SBC instruction.
- Fixed ADC T flag to set the Z flag based on the value read.
- Added 3 cycle penalty to ADC, AND, EOR, ORA, and SBC instructions
when the T flag is set.
- Fixed cycle count and support for 65536 byte blocks for the TAI,
TDD, TIA, TII, and TIN instructions.
- Fixed RDWORD macro in the disassembler.
- Fixed setting of N and V flags in the TST instructions.
- Removed unneeded debug_mmr code.
- Fixed TSB and TRB instructions.
- Added 1 delay when accessing the VDC or VCE areas.
- Implemented low and high speed cpu modes.
Moved srmp5 (Super Real Mahjong P5) to separate driver (from
st0016.c). Preliminary video hw emulation. Not playable, no sound.
Fixed DIP switches in the mario driver. [stephh]
Major Namco System 21 update. Changes include: [Phil Stroffolino]
- corrections to eprom handling (affects Namco System2 as well)
- scroll fix for sprite emulation in namcoic.c
- working Starblade, Cybersled, Solvalou with full 3d
- graphics should be 100% except for the depth cueing tables, which
are internal and need to be reconstructed
- Air Combat is improved, but is locking up in 118s because of
incomplete watchdog emulation
- Winning Run hardware is not yet working in this update
Fixed regression in undoukai caused by the REGION_CPU1 decoupling
from RAM. [Pierpaolo Prazzoli]
SCSP fixes: [R. Belmont]
* Fix writes to the hole in the SCSP address space (0x430 to 0x5ff)
to not trash global registers
* Fixed SCSP DMA to not read random memory for its' registers
Added minimal built-in layout for showing the lamps in Video Pinball.
Big Model 2 update. There's so much stuff improved, I'm just going to
list what's not working: [Ernesto Corvi, El Semi]
- There's still a glitch on the triangle parser somewhere.
Noticeable on the Sega logo in motoraid, the selection arrow in
dynamcop's player select screen and many other games. It might be
the culprit of the road in daytona looking wacky.
- There's a problem with the z clipping. Some tri's close to the
camera are clipped before they should. Some others should be
clipped but are not, and are blocking the viewport for a frame
- Sub-windows are not implemented yet. Visible on dynacop's mission
select, Sega Rally car select, and others.
- Most decal textures flicker on and off between frames. Maybe a z
coordinate float resolution issue after projection?
- Textures wrap by default. They should only wrap when the
appropriate flag is set only. Not sure what to do when we're not
Improvements to the Z180 core: [Pierpaolo Prazzoli]
- added the 2 Programmable Reload Timers
- fixed the Internal I/O Registers remapping
- added logical -> physical memory translation
- disabled loops hack
- removed "extra icount"
- changed interrupts handling. Now they're checked as in Z80 core
- simplified RETN and EI opcodes
- fixed PRT interrupts
- cleared both interrupts flip flops when taking any irq
- added _IFF2 = _IFF1; just before _IFF1 = 0; when taking an NMI
Removed kludge in 20pacgal which is no longer necessary with proper
Z180 emulation. Sound now works as well. [Pierpaolo Prazzoli]
Fixed some Dip Switches and added some extra notes to othunder.c
driver. Also added some notes to opwolf.c driver. [stephh]
Began moving the MegaTech/MegaPlay drivers over to the new Genesis
core code. [David Haywood]
Identified a number of additional new opcodes for Risky Challenge/
Fixed Voodoo video timing according to the manual, including blanking
periods and vsync interrupts. This makes Carnevil and some other games
run once again at their proper speed. [Aaron Giles]
Updated Voodoo drawing code to track changes to the front buffer and
allow skipping unrendered frames for more even framerates.
Fixed hang when attempting to move windows with the debugger active
and multithreading enabled. [Aaron Giles]
Added preliminary attempt at a new x64 dynamic recompiler for the
MIPS 3/4 CPUs. The current version works enough to run a few basic
games (kinst, carnevil), but many others fail. Furthermore, this
version is already being supplanted by a more advanced version that
does register allocation and constant folding. For now it is disabled
by default. [Aaron Giles]
Fixed a few more 64-bit disassembler problems in i386dasm.c. Also
fixed several 64-bit errors in the code generators in x86emit.h.
Added support in the debugger memory view for 8-byte chunk sizes.
Fixed long-standing bug that failed to show unmapped logical addresses
as asterisks. Also added new menu items to the Windows debugger to
support viewing logical or physical memory. [Aaron Giles]
Removed limitation that tilemap tile widths must be divisible by
2, except in the 4bpp case, where an assert now catches this case.
Experimentally changed full screen behavior when using Direct3D so
that if -switchres is NOT enabled, then we don't create a fullscreen
Direct3D device. This minimizes large graphics card transitions (in
particular it does not disable glass in Vista) when you go full
screen. If you want the old behavior, run with -switchres and specify
a -resolution parameter equal to your desktop screen size.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
Deer Hunting USA [Luca Elia]
Turkey Hunting USA [Luca Elia]
Wing Shooting Championship [Luca Elia]
Trophy Hunting - Bear & Moose [Luca Elia]
Panel & Variety Akamaru Q Jousyou Dont-R [Team Japump]
Cyber Sled [Phil Stroffolino]
Solvalou [Phil Stroffolino]
Super Real Mahjong P6 (Japan)
Ippatsu Gyakuten [BET] (Japan) [Luca Elia]
Joryuu Syougi Kyoushitsu (Japan)
Mazin Wars / Mazin Saga (Mega Play)
Grand Slam (Mega Play)
New clones added
Alien Storm (bootleg, set 2)
Zero Team Selection
Passing Shot (Japan, 4 Players, System 16A, FD1094 317-0071)
[Arzeno Fabrice, ShinobiZ, Gerald Coy]
Pound for Pound (Japan)
Big Event Golf (Japan)
Special Criminal Investigation (Japan)
Royal Mahjong (Japan, v1.13)
Cyber Sled (Japan)
Crowns Golf (new set) [Arzeno Fabrice]
Don Den Lover Vol. 1 - Shiro Kuro Tsukeyo! (Japan)
Mario Bros. (US, set 2) [stephh]
Puzznic (Italy) [Corrado Tomaselli]
Don Den Lover Vol. 1 (Korea, bootleg) [David Haywood]
Boomer Rang'r / Genesis (set 2) [Team Japump]
Narazumono Sentai Bloody Wolf (Japan) [Team Japump]
Open Mahjong [BET] (Japan) [Team Japump]
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING
Laser Grand Prix
Saloon (France, encrypted) [Roberto Fresca]
Mahjong Cafe Doll (Japan)