MAMETesters Bugs Fixed
tst_galx0101u3 [Atari Ace]
m660_0108yel [Atari Ace]
Added more documentation for the 8080bw driver. It describes the ports
and bits for those games with no sound. In most cases, sample sounds
have been attached, in order to assist with further development. The
games modified are: invrvnge/invrvnga, rollingc, spcenctr, gunfight,
m4, gmissile, schasrcv, 280zzzap, lagunar, lupin3, phantom2, blueshrk,
desertgu, ballbomb, yosakdon/yosakdoa, and shuttlei. Two games were
marked NO_SOUND although they actually do have sound: these are cosmo
and dogpatch. [Robert]
Moved a chunk of platform specific code out of chdcd.c and romcmp.c
into the osd_tool code. [Nathan Woods]
Widespread cleanup of disassemblers and CPU interfaces across the
project: [Giuseppe Gorgoglione]
- removed from many disassemblers the dependency on eainfo.h. The
output produced by those disassemblers has been checked to be the
same as before.
- extensively rewrote the 6309dasm.c and 6809dasm.c disassemblers.
- fixed minor bugs in the v810 and hd6309 interfaces.
- removed m68000\cpudefs.h. This was used by the old assembly m68000
core. Removed from m68kmame.c and m68kmame.h as well many
references to the old core (e.g A68K0, A68K2, etc.)
- properly typedeffed the cpuinfo union, this affects cpuintrf.h and
many, many, other files
- converted 8051dasm.c, m65ce02.c and t11dasm.c to use
cpuintrf_temp_str() instead of local string pools
- moved the info.s = cpuintrf_temp_str() initialization to:
activecpu_get_info_string(), cpunum_get_info_string() and
cputype_get_info_string(). This allows us to remove tons of
info->s = cpuintrf_temp_str() statements from the xxx_get_info()
accessors of every CPU core, making them more readable
Fixed a problem with the chirp tables of both the tms5220 and the
tms5110. Also backported Jarek's PRNG implementation from tms5110.c
to tms5220.c so it no longer relies on rand(). [Lord Nightmare]
Fixed two bugs in the m68000 core: [Alex Jackson]
- fixed a miscompilation issue with GCC4 that was first noticed in
Altered Beast but also affected Moonwalker, Galaxy Force 2, and
probably many other games.
- fixed the core's compile-time self-configuration so that it uses
the same code paths on LP64 platforms (64-bit Linux, etc.) as on
LLP64 (64-bit Windows) and 32-bit platforms.
Added save state support to the magmax driver. [Svante Gerhard]
Fixed music speed in perfrman. [Mamesick]
Fixed implementation of da_a instruction in i8051 core. [Special LIU]
Third round of numerous improvements to the cheat engine: [ShimaPong]
NOTE : delete old command code and save it newly in Options menu.
- Added preliminary direct Program Space accessor.
You can hack custom handling ROM code (eg encrypted segas16b.c
games). But it has several problems.
And added watchpoint display for Program Space.
- Added new operation, "Write if Match".
The cheat engine writes value only when read value matched
reserved value which is stored in extend data field.
* search menu:
- Added 3rd search mode, "Minimum Search Mode". It's more simple
than Classic Mode. Also added search memory initialize with
ui_clear key and extended value edit with arrow key in this mode.
- Added "View Last Results", "Restore Result", "Region Selection"
items to the advanced search menu.
* result viewer:
- Don't open this menu to avoid MAME crash in case of
no search region like sms.c in HazeMD.
- Added quick page switch by left/right arrow key.
Also changed functions for several keys in this menu.
- Improved no result page skip. But incomplete because
doesn't skip first or last page even if no result.
* code loading:
- Ignored to load old format code by default. If you need to
load, choose "Load Old Format" item in Options menu.
- Fixed activation key save on Enable/Disable menu.
- Fixed key handling for watch code addition from watch list
menu to cheat list. Now it works with ctrl + save cheat
key on the watch list menu.
- Enabled ui_clear key in editing a value (clear data)
and on watch list menu (reset all watchpoints).
- Added preliminary Debug option to check internal data.
- Added command code save. You can save command code with
save cheat key in Options menu.
- Added quick menu switch. It is assigned to ui_zoom in/out keys.
This function works in Enable/Disable, Add/Edit, Search and
- Rearranged several items on the menus.
Converted some isolated parts of the Win32 OSD code to use 'TCHAR'
strings rather than simple 'char' strings. [Nathan Woods]
Removed rom patches in the airbustr driver; hooked up watchdog
instead. [David Haywood]
Reimplemented one-shot timer modes in the 6526 CIA (Amiga) emulation.
Added validity check for zero refresh rates. [Nathan Woods]
Fixed DIPswitch defaults for Quartet and Quartet 2. [Alex Jackson]
Fixed incorrectly drawn graphics in troangel. [Robiza]
Fixed a few more assertions lurking with the new stricter disassembler
checks. [Aaron Giles]
Patched some protection checks in Funny Strip and Rebus. Neither game
works yet. [Tomasz Slanina]
Changed -createconfig to output the INI file using mame_file rather
than FILE. [Nathan Woods]
Improved graphics emulation in the tetriunk driver. [Tomasz Slanina]
Fixed copy/paste bug in the Irem sound hardware dealing with MSM5235
Fixed visible area in Toki. [Mamesick]
Added new Toshiba TMP90840/TMP91640 CPU core. [Luca Elia]
Moved msm6242 real time clock to its own file. [Luca Elia]
Implemented blitter rom banking in dynax driver. [Luca Elia]
Added sound in Rapid Hero (samples banking is incorrect). [Luca Elia]
Fixed reset problem in the tia emulation. [Nathan Woods]
Adding remaining MESS sound cores to the core MAME sources.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
Ms. Pac-Man/Galaga - 20 Year Reunion [Nicola Salmoria]
Mahjong If...? [Luca Elia]
Mahjong Reach (bootleg)
Mahjong Tenkaigen (bootleg) [Luca Elia]
Live Quiz Show
Pool 10 (Italia) [Roberto Fresca]
Tortuga Family (Italia) [Roberto Fresca]
New clones added
Booby Kids (Italian manufactured graphic hack) [David Haywood]
Air Buster: Trouble Specialty Raid Unit (bootleg)
Battle Balls (US)
Darth Vader [Tomasz Slanina]
Puzz Loop 2 (Euro 010302)
[Razoola, David Haywood]
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING
Moonwar (prototype on Frenzy hardware) [Lord Nightmare]
[David Haywood, Brian Troha]
Mahjong Tensinhai [Luca Elia]
Mahjong Raijinhai DX
Mahjong Tenkaigen Part 2 [Luca Elia]
Cow Race [Luca Elia]
Mongolfier New (Italia) [Roberto Fresca]
Soccer New (Italia) [Roberto Fresca]