* CPU: Zilog Z80A 3.072MHz
* RAM: 48 KB
* ROM: 4 KB (up to 8 KB), Several ROM sockets available
* Text Modes: 32 x 16
* Graphic Modes: 256 x 208
* Colors: Monochrome
* Sound: 3 Channel sound generator (AY-3-8912 or compatible)
* I/O Ports: Z80 Bus, Tape, Monitor Video Output, RF TV Output
* Keyboard: Full stroke keyboard
MESS supports the emulation of the Galaksija Plus with a "cassette" (cass) device, for tape images in .wav and .gtp format.
Also a "snapshot" (dump) feature is present for .gal files. Keyboard
This system requires full keyboard emulation to work correctly. At startup, full keyboard emulation mode is enabled by default. Whilst in full keyboard emulation mode, some key associated functionality may be disabled (like the ESC key for EXIT). The keyboard emulation mode is toggled using the "Scroll Lock" key (by default).
History and Trivia
Galaksija Plus was an improvement of regular Galaksija, created by different authors (hardware by Nenad Dunjic and software by software Milan Tadic). They added more RAM (48 K), more ROM (12K total) separate graphics mode (256x208). To reduce time it takes to save or load longer data (for large memory) the tape data recording speed was increased from 280 bps to 1200 bps. It was announced in the sixth issue (june/jully 1985) of the same magazine, now simply called "Racunari" (Computers). Estimated price at that time was much higher, mainly due to very high inflation in the country - 140,000 din.
(info from old-computers.com)
* Voja Antonic's page (in Yougoslavian) -- http://www.paralax.co.yu/pr83.htm
* Ivan Siric's page -- http://www.inet.hr/~isiric/
* Dejan Ristanovic's page -- http://user.sezampro.yu/~dejanr/rac1/index.htm
* Josip's page -- http://www.foing.hr/~fng_josip/
* Galaksija.org -- http://www.galaksija.org/
* Galaksija at old-computers.com -- http://old-computers.com/museum/computer.asp?c=330
* Galaksija emulator by Miodrag Jevremovic -- http://solair.eunet.yu/~amidar
* Galaxy -- http://www.sezampro.yu/~dejanr/