* CPU: Zilog Z80A @ 3.5/4/7/8MHz
* RAM: 512kB, expandable to 2MB
* Audio: AY-3-8912
* Video: 6845 CRTC
* Video modes: 160x200x16, 320x200x4, 640x200x2, 320x200x16, 640x200x4, 256x212x16, 512x212x4
* Palette: 64 colours (6-bit RGB)
* RTC: MC146818
MESS currently supports al520ex emulation with one "cassette" (cass) device and up to two floppy drives, "floppydisk1" (flop1) and "floppydisk2" (flop2). The former one supports tapes in .wav and .cdt format; the latter ones support disk images in .dsk format (the MSX .dsk format).
Also notice that a "snapshot" (dump) feature is available for .sna files and that the "printer" (prin) is emulated as well. Misc
To start in CPC mode, hold SHIFT while booting.
To enter system setup, hold CLR (mapped to Backspace, by default) while booting.
Insert a bootable Aleste MSX disk image to boot to MSX-DOS. Run an executable (*.com) program by typing the filename (without the .com extension) at the A> prompt and pressing ENTER. Keyboard
This system requires full keyboard emulation to work correctly. At startup, full keyboard emulation mode is enabled by default. Whilst in full keyboard emulation mode, some key associated functionality may be disabled (like the ESC key for EXIT). The keyboard emulation mode is toggled using the "Scroll Lock" key (by default).
* Supports only MSX format disk images currently.
* RTC emulation is not complete, time is not always constantly updated on screen in system setup.
* The Magic Sound expansion is not emulated.
History and Trivia
The Aleste 520EX is a Russian clone of the CPC6128, that expands existing video mode and can run MSX-DOS.
It also adds an MC146818 RTC/NVRAM, an Intel 8253 timer and the "Magic Sound" board, which is a 4-channel DMA-based sample player.
Finally, it includes a software emulation of the MSX2 VDP, used in the ports of MSX games.
(info from MESS driver)
* Aleste 520 (Some pages are in Russian) -- http://aleste520.narod.ru/index.html
* CPC Wiki link -- http://www.cpcwiki.com/index.php/Aleste_520EX