| ||Immagini disponibili: |
Nome romset: popspops.zip |
Anno di produzione: 1999
Genere del gioco: Quiz
Categoria: Quiz / Inglese
Questo gioco funziona correttamente in MAME
Stato dell'emulazione: Buono
Emulazione colore: Buono
Emulazione sonoro: Buono
Emulazione grafica: Buono
Salvataggio: Non supportato
In MAME dalla versione: .100u3
Il driver di questo gioco in MAME è: nmk16.c - Leggi il codice
Numero di giocatori: 2P Alternati |
Numero di pulsanti: 2
Questo gioco utilizza un solo schermo:
Tipo di grafica: Raster
Orientamento schermo: Orizzontale
Risoluzione del gioco 256 x 224 @ 56.180000 Hz
La scheda di questo gioco usa 6 CHIP
Il ROMset di questo gioco si compone di 7 ROM
Riferito alla versione MAME: 0.160
: Gioco Parent
: Gioco Clone
La scheda di questo gioco ha 13 opzioni configurabili via dipswitch
In grassetto i valori predefiniti
Pop's Pop's (c) 1999 Afega.
- DATI TECNICI -
Processore Principale : 68000 (@ 12 Mhz), Z80 (@ 4 Mhz)
Chip Audio : YM2151 (@ 4 Mhz), OKI6295 (@ 7.575 Khz)
Orientamento dello schermo : Orizzontale
Risoluzione video : 256 x 224 pixels
Frequenza aggiornamento video : 56.00 Hz
Colori palette : 768
Giocatori : 2
Controllo : Joystick a 8 direzioni
Pulsanti : 2
- CURIOSITA' -
Pubblicato nel Giugno 1999.
- FONTI -
Rom del gioco.
Cash Quiz (Type B, Version 5)
Cluedo (prod. 2D)
Coronation Street Quiz Game
Deluxe Trivia ? Whiz (6221-70, U5-0A Edition 5)
Every Second Counts (39-360-053)
Find Out (Version 4.04)
Fun World Quiz (Austrian)
Trivia (UK Version 5.07)
Trivia (Questions Series 1)
Trivia (Questions Series 8)
Give us a Break (3rd edition)
Laser Quiz Italy
Laser Quiz 2 Italy (v1.0)
Master Boy (Spanish, PCB Rev A)
Monopoly Deluxe (JPM) (SYSTEM5 VIDEO)
Monopoly (JPM) (SYSTEM5 VIDEO, set 1)
Parlour Games (Mega-Tech, SMS based)
Name That Tune (set 1)
Pit Boss Superstar III 30 (9233-00-01)
Pit Boss Supertouch 30 (9234-10-01)
Phraze Craze (6221-40, U5-0A)
Pit Boss II (9221-01C)
Pit Boss Megastar (9244-00-01)
Pit Boss Superstar (9221-10-00B)
Progressive Music Trivia (Question set 1)
Quiz& Dragons: Capcom Quiz Game (USA 920701)
A Question of Sport (set 1, 39-960-107)
Quadro Quiz II
Quiz (Revision 2)
Quiz (Revision 2.11)
Quizard Rainbow 4.0
Quizard Rainbow 4.1
Quizard Rainbow 4.2
Reel Fun (Version 7.03)
MTV Rock-N-Roll Trivia (Part 2)
Scrabble (rev. F)
Sex Appeal (Version 6.02)
Sexual Trivia (Version 1.02SB, set 1)
Super Pit Boss (9221-02A)
Super Trivia Master
SunA Quiz 6000 Academy (940620-6)
Super Triv II
Super Triv III
Ten Up (compendium 17)
Tic Tac Trivia (6221-23, U5-0C Horizontal)
Treble Top (39-360-070)
Trivia (Rev B) [TTL]
Trivial Pursuit (Baby Boomer Edition) (3/20/85)
Trivial Pursuit (Spanish)
Trivial Pursuit (Think Tank - Genus Edition) (set 1)
Trivial Pursuit (Genus II Edition)
Trivial Pursuit (New Edition) (prod. 1D)
Trivial Pursuit (All Star Sports Edition)
Trivial Pursuit (Young Players Edition)
Trivia Hangup (question set 1)
Trivia Hangup (question set 2)
Trivia Madness - Series A Question set
Trivia Master (set 1)
Trivia ? Whiz (6221-05, Edition 2)
Trivia ? Whiz (6221-05, Edition 3)
Trivia ? Whiz (6221-13, U5-0B Edition 4)
Trivia ? Whiz (6221-00)
Adders and Ladders (v2.1) (MPU4 Video)
Skill Trek (v1.1) (MPU4 Video, set 1)
Turnover (v2.3) (MPU4 Video)
Wheel Of Fortune (set 1)
Wizz Quiz (Konami version)
Midcoin Juke Box 24CD
Disco No.1 (DECO Cassette)
Rootin' Tootin' / La-Pa-Pa (DECO Cassette)
Magic's 10 (ver. 16.55)
Magic's 10 2 (ver 1.1)
Michael Jackson's Moonwalker (Mega-Tech)
Music Sort (ver 2.02, English)
Michael Jackson's Moonwalker (World, FD1094/8751 317-0159)
Name That Tune (set 1)
Progressive Music Trivia (Question set 1)
Rock'n Rage (World)
MTV Rock-N-Roll Trivia (Part 2)
Super Rock and Bowl (V1.1)
Tap a Tune
Attenzione: I dati di history.dat potrebbero essere diversi da quelli riportati nel resto della scheda (tratti da MAME), in quanto provenienti da fonti diverse.
|Informazioni su popspops
0.100u3 [David Haywood, Corrado Tomaselli]
- The difficulty selection screen appears for a moment just after pressing the start button. king_krm (ID 00781)
- If you play the game with player1 and made a wrong answer you will get the screen as shown in image 1. And if you do the same thing with player2 you will get the screen as shown in image2. king_krm (ID 00782)
- 0.101u3: Sonikos fixed some dips in Pop's Pop's. Added dipswitches 'Demo Sounds', 'Free Play', 'Difficulty' and 'Coinage'.
- 0.100u3: David Haywood added Pop's Pop's (Afega 1999).
- 24th September 2005: David Haywood - We thought that Pop's Pop's (Afega 1990) was missing the Sprite roms, but it may just not use sprites. This is a Wheel of Fortune style game, but it seems to tell you the answer before each round... I'm not sure it should be doing that. Thanks to MAME Italian Forum for helping with this.
- 23rd September 2005: Corrado Tomaselli dumped Pop's Pop's. The PCB miss an EPROM in a socket and the game has bad gfx.
* FB Alpha
Romset: 4992 kb / 7 files / 1.73 zip
Informazioni su nmk16.c (Driver MAME)
0.122u1 [Mirko Buffoni, Richard Bush, Nicola Salmoria, Bryan McPhail, Luca Elia, David Haywood, R. Belmont]
0.37b16 [Luca Elia]
0.37b8 [Mirko Buffoni, Richard Bush, Nicola Salmoria, Bryan McPhail]
0.36b2 [Mirko Buffoni, Richard Bush]
- NMK004 sound CPU is just (imperfectly) simulated for now.
- There is a handshaking operation happening on boot in most games. It happens on the NMK004 communication ports so I have implemented it in NMK004.c. However, the same handshaking also happen in tharrier, which doesn't have a NMK004! Therefore, it might be another protection device, which sits in the middle between CPU and NMK004.
- Protection is patched in several games.
- Hacha Mecha Fighter: MCU simulation *might* be wrong/incorrect (see notes).
- Cocktail mode is supported, but tilemap.c has problems with asymmetrical visible areas.
- Music timing in nouryoku is a little off.
- In Bioship, there's an occasional flicker of one of the sprites composing big ships. Increasing CPU speed from 12 to 16 MHz improved it, but it's still not 100% fixed. (but the CPU speed has been verified to be 10Mhz??)
- Input ports in Bio-ship Paladin, Strahl
- Sound communication in Mustang might be incorrectly implemented
- Incorrect OKI samples banking in Rapid Hero
- Hacha Mecha Fighter: (BTANB) the bomb graphics are pretty weird when the game is in japanese mode,but it's like this on the original game,it's just a japanese write for "bomb" word (I presume)
- The NMK004 CPU might be a Toshiba TLCS-90 class CPU with internal ROM in the 0000-1fff range.
- The later games (from GunNail onwards) have an higher resolution (384x224 instead of 256x224) but the hardware is pretty much the same. It's obvious that the higher res is an afterthought, because the tilemap layout is weird (the left 8 screen columns have to be taken from the rightmost 8 columns of the tilemap), and the games rely on mirror addresses to access the tilemap sequentially.
- manybloc: There are writes to 0x080010.w and 0x080012.w (MCU ?) in code between 0x005000 to 0x005690, but I see no call to "main" routine at 0x005504! There are writes to 0x08001c.w and 0x08001e.w but I can't tell what the effect is ! Could it be related to sound and/or interrupts ? In the "test mode", press BOTH player 1 buttons to exit. When help is available, press BUTTON2 twice within the timer to "solve".
- Sound notes for games with a Z80: mustangb and tdragonb use the Seibu Raiden sound hardware and a modified Z80 program (but the music is intact and recognizable). See audio\seibu.c for more info on this.
- NMK004 sound CPU is just (imperfectly) simulated for now. Source (ID 02417)
- Cocktail mode is supported, but tilemap.c has problems with asymmetrical visible areas. Source (ID 02419)
- airattck, raphero: All nmk16 games have priority issues. Roberto Zandona (ID 00780)
- Many sets in nmk16.c: Flip screen problem. jbaronas88 (ID 01856)
- 0.151: David Haywood fixed some tilemap dirty marking when bank changes in NMK16, was causing some issues on later Thunder Dragon 2 bosses.
- 0.150: Fixed sprite priority issues in NMK16 (tested on Thunder Dragon 2 PCB) [trap15]. Fixed array out-of-bounds access in nmk16_state::tharrier_mcu_r() [Oliver Stöneberg]. Converted NMK004 to a device [Osso].
- 0.149u1: Changed region gfx1/2/3 to fgtile, bgtile and sprites.
- 0.145u6: NMK16 update [trap15]: Fixed some issues and cleaned up the video sources a bit. Marked all appropriate games with a GAME_IMPERFECT_GRAPHICS flag (all of the old methods were imperfect toot hey just weren't marked for some reason).
- 0.145u1: NMK16 priority fixes [Raiden II Project Team].
- 0.141u3: hap fixed crash: "Called save_item on a non-fundamental type!" in all sets using TLCS90 CPU.
- 0.140: Angelo Salese reworked NMK16 irqs by not using cpu_getiloops() function.
- 0.137u1: Fabio Priuli added save states to the TLCS-90 CPU core.
- 0.133u2: NMK16 driver documentation update / clean up [Briah Troha]: Moved the PCB layout for S.B.S Gomorrah (Bio-Ship Paladin) down by the game's romdef. Added PCB layout for Spectrum 2000 & corrected company name to YONA Tech. Added PCB layout for Red Hawk. Moved decryption routines (if needed) to between the info/PCB layout header and game romdef.
- 0.133u1: NMK16 driver clean ups [David Haywood]: Merged some of the duplicated code in nmk16.c, and attempting to handle the larger tilemaps used by Thunder Dragon 2, Rapid Hero and Macross 2 in a more correct way. This has fixed some glitches in the intro of Rapid Hero without breaking the ingame graphics.
- 0.131u1: Memory map merging for the NMK16 driver and cleaned-up some unneeded video code [Angelo Salese].
- 0.130u2: Fixed pending IRQs handling in the TLCS-90 CPU core [Luca Elia].
- 0.129u5: Phil Bennett fixed access Violation in clones US AAF Mustang (bootleg) and Thunder Dragon (Bootleg).
- 0.129: Angelo Salese fixed Coin counter doesn't decrease in tdragon, tdragon1 and hachamf.
- 0.128u6: Pointer-ified the TLCS-90 core [Atari Ace].
- 0.128u3: Added includes\nmk16.h.
- 0.126u4: Aaron Giles fixed access violation in US AAF Mustang (bootleg) and Thunder Dragon (Bootleg).
- 0.123u1: Atari Ace added initialization to machine\nmk112.c.
- 0.122u1: Merged afega.c with nmk16.c driver. Afega/nmk16 cleanups [David Haywood, Tomasz Slanina]: Removed many hacks from both. Fixed a number of games. Changed VSync to 56Hz.
- 0.112u1: Pierpaolo Prazzoli updated Afega driver to use HOLD_LINE for sound IRQs.
- 0.111u5: Brian Troha added documentation to the Afega driver.
- 0.111u1: Luca Elia added new Toshiba TMP90840/TMP91640 CPU core.
- 0.105u4: Twisty fixed/improved dipswitches in the Afega driver.
- 0.99u4: Added machine\nmk112.c/h. Alex W. Jackson created new NMK112 ROM banking module and connected it up to the NMK16 driver that made use of it.
- 0.94u2: Added machine\nmk004.c/h. NMK004 sound simulation [Nicola Salmoria]. Brian Troha fixed NMK16 dipswitches.
- 0.90: Brian Troha fixed dipswitches in NMK16 driver.
- 0.82u1: Merged firehawk.c with afega.c driver.
- 0.82: Added firehawk.c driver (Guru).
- 0.70u2: Some NMK16 dipswitch / input fixes [Curt Coder].
- 29th May 2002: Gerardo Oporto fixed the dipswitch settings in the NMK16 driver.
- 0.57: Changed bjtwin.c to nmk16.c driver.
- 0.37b16: Added afega.c driver and vidhrdw\afega.c.
- 15th June 2001: Luca Elia wrote a driver for Afega games, including Sen Jin - Guardian Storm and Stagger I.
- 25th April 2001: David Haywood updated the Bombjack Twin driver and got Vandyke playable.
- 4th March 2001: Bryan McPhail and David Haywood added some more NMK games to the Bombjack Twin driver but they all suffer from unemulated protection and don't work very well.
- 25th February 2001: Olivier Galibert added save states support. However, every driver needs to be updated to include the save states.
- 0.37b8: Merged macross.c with bjtwin.c driver.
- 0.37b5: Added macross.c driver and vidhrdw\macross.c (Mirko Buffoni).
- 0.36b2: Added bjtwin.c driver and vidhrdw\bjtwin.c (Mirko Buffoni - MAME driver, Richard Bush - hardware info).
|Versione per la stampa
Link diretto alla scheda del gioco