| ||Available images: |
Romset name: outr2.zip |
Production year: 2003
Game genre: Driving
Category: Driving / Race (chase view)
This machine needs a BIOS file:
• Chihiro Bios (chihiro.zip)
|This machine is NOT working in MAME |
Overall emulation: Preliminary
Color emulation: Good
Sound emulation: Preliminary
Graphics emulation: Good
Save states: Supported
In MAME since version: .138u3
The MAME driver of this machine is: chihiro.cpp - Read the code
Hardware of this machine:
The dimensions of outr2.zip are 18.02 Kbytes (compressed)
Out Run 2 (c) 2003 Sega.
Spectacular sequel to the original Out Run from 1986 with modern graphics and additional gameplay modes.
- TECHNICAL -
Sega Chihiro hardware.
System : X-Box based configuration.
CPU : Intel Pentium III 733MHz (133MHz FSB)
Graphics : nVidia XChip 200MHz (based on the nVidia GeForce 3)
Sound Hardware :
1. Cirrus Logic CS4630 Stream Processor (20-bit DAC, programmable to handle 3D sound streams, 2D sound (including DLS-compatible MIDI), MP3 acceleration, Sensaura environmental effects, and other functions)
2. Other sounds may be generated by the CPU via software engines.
3. nVidia nForce (Real time Dolby Digital 5.1 encoding)
RAM : Upgradable Module, from 64MB upwards (Outrun 2 has 512MB)
Media : Sega GD-Rom
Polygons : 125M Polys/sec (Theoretical Maximum)
Rendering Speed : 4.0 G pixel/sec
Features : Programmable vertex and pixel shading, hardware Transform & Lighting engine, Quincunx FSAA, Anisotropic filtering, bump mapping, hardware lighting, particle effects, other standard 3D features).
Players : 1
Control : Steering wheel
Pedals : 2 (Accelerator and break)
- TRIVIA -
Released in December 2003.
AM2 Mix released a limited-edition soundtrack album for this game (Out Run 2 Sound Tracks - AMMX-2003) on 21/01/2004.
- TIPS AND TRICKS -
* Change Car Color (Single Player Only) : To change the color of your car, hold down the brake while shifting gears (either direction changes color once) in the car selection screen.
* Force Quit : During the race, stop the car completely and hold down the brake, view change and gear up. The game will bring up a yes and no question. Choose yes and the game end. You can only do this once in each game. If you choose no and resume game, you cannot force quit anymore until the game is over.
Note : The force quit won't work if you have less than 8 seconds on the remaining time. This trick was tested on a single player mode.
* No Handicap Mode (VS mode only) : This code can be entered in the Car Selection or Song Selection screens. All players must step on the Brake pedal and Shift up at the same time. The best way to make this work is just to get all players to hold the brake pedal and shift up and down constantly until a No Handicap box appears at the right.
Note : Shift up is gear up and it means to move the shift knob down. This trick also can be entered after real players mode is activate or vice versa.
* Real Players Only (VS mode only) : This code can be entered in the Car Selection or Song Selection screens. All players must hit the View Change button and Shift Down at the same time. The best way to make this work is just to get all players to tap the view change button and shift up and down constantly until a real players only box appears at the right.
- SERIES -
1. Out Run (1986)
2. Out Run 3-D (1989, Sega Master System)
3. Battle Out Run (1989, Sega Master System)
4. Turbo Out Run (1989)
5. Out Run Europa (1991, Sega Game Gear)
6. Out Runners (1992)
7. Out Run 2019 (1993, Sega Mega Drive)
8. Out Run 2 (2003)
9. Out Run 2 SP - Special Tours (2004)
- STAFF -
Designed by : Hiroshi Masui
Produced by : Yu Suzuki (YU.)
- PORTS -
* Consoles :
Microsoft XBOX [V3N 00001] [Limited Edition] (Jan 2005)
Microsoft XBOX [V3N 00002] (Jan 2005)
- SOURCES -
Battle Gear 2 (v2.04J)
Big Run (11th Rallye version)
California Speed (Version 2.1a Apr 17 1998, GUTS 1.25 Apr 17 1998 / MAIN Apr 17 1998)
Cruis'n Exotica (version 2.4)
Cruis'n USA (rev L4.1)
Cruis'n World (rev L2.5)
Dangerous Curves (Ver 2.2 J)
Dirt Dash (Rev. DT2)
Faster Than Speed
Go By RC (V2.03O)
GTI Club (ver EAA)
GTI Club 2 (ver JAB)
Hard Drivin' (cockpit, rev 7)
Hard Drivin's Airborne (prototype)
Initial D Arcade Stage Ver. 3 Cycraft Edition (Rev B) (GDS-0039B)
Initial D Arcade Stage (Rev B) (Japan) (GDS-0020B)
Initial D Arcade Stage (Export) (Rev A) (GDS-0025A)
Initial D Arcade Stage Ver. 2 (Japan) (Rev B) (GDS-0026B)
Initial D Arcade Stage Ver. 3 (Export) (GDS-0033)
Initial D Arcade Stage Ver. 3 (Japan) (Rev C) (GDS-0032C)
Initial D4 (Rev D)
Midnight Run: Road Fighters 2 (EAA, Euro v1.11)
Out Run (Mega-Tech, SMS based)
Turbo Outrun (Mega-Tech)
Need For Speed: Underground Install (2 Discs) (v1.1)
OutRun 2 SP SDX
OutRun 2 Special Tours (Rev A) (GDX-0014A)
Out Run (sitdown/upright, Rev B)
Over Rev (Model 2C, Revision A)
Rad Racer II (PlayChoice-10)
Rad Racer (PlayChoice-10)
Power Drift (World, Rev A)
Pocket Racer (Japan, PKR1/VER.B)
Race Drivin' (cockpit, rev 5)
Race On! (RO2 Ver. A)
Racing Jam (JAC)
Racing Jam DX
Rad Mobile (World)
Rad Rally (World)
Rave Racer (Rev. RV2, World)
Ridge Racer 2 (Rev. RRS2, World)
Ridge Racer (Rev. RR3, World)
Roads Edge / Round Trip (rev.B)
Ridge Racer V Arcade Battle (RRV3 Ver. A)
Scud Race Twin (Australia)
Sega Race-TV (Export)
San Francisco Rush 2049
San Francisco Rush
San Francisco Rush: The Rock
Side by Side (Ver 2.7 J)
Side by Side 2 (Ver 2.6 A)
Speed Up (Version 1.20)
Sega Rally 2
Sega Rally 2 DX
Sega Rally Championship - TWIN (Revision C)
Street Drivin' (prototype)
Stunt Typhoon Plus
Techno Drive (Japan, TD2/VER.B)
Top Speed (World)
Turbo Out Run (Out Run upgrade) (FD1094 317-0118)
Power Drift (Tourvision PCE bootleg)
Wangan Midnight (WMN1 Ver. A)
Wangan Midnight R (WMR1 Ver. A)
Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 2 (Export) (Rev A) (GDX-0016A)
Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune (Export) (Rev B) (GDX-0009B)
Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 2 (Japan) (GDX-0015)
Winding Heat (EAA, Euro v2.11)
Warning: information in history.dat can differ from the ones present in the rest of the page (taken from MAME) as they come from a different source
|Information on outr2|
0.138u3 [Team Europe, The Dumping Union, Alex]
- 0.142u3: Changed description to 'Out Run 2 (Rev A) (GDX-0004A)'.
- 0.138u3: Team Europe, The Dumping Union and Alex added 'Out Run 2 (Rev. A) [GDX-0004A]' (Sega 2002).
- 2nd July 2010: Smitdogg - Team Europe dumped Out Run 2.
|Printer friendly version|
Direct link to this page