| ||Available images: |
Romset name: gtmr.zip |
Production year: 1994
Game genre: Driving
Category: Driving / Race
This machine has the following clones:
• 1000 Miglia: Great 1000 Miles Rally (94/05/10)
• 1000 Miglia: Great 1000 Miles Rally (94/05/26)
• 1000 Miglia: Great 1000 Miles Rally (94/06/13)
• Great 1000 Miles Rally: Evolution Model!!! (94/09/06)
• Great 1000 Miles Rally: U.S.A Version! (94/09/06)
|This machine works in MAME |
Overall emulation: Good
Color emulation: Good
Sound emulation: Good
Graphics emulation: Good
Save states: Supported
In MAME since version: .036b16
The MAME driver of this machine is: kaneko16.cpp - Read the code
Hardware of this machine:
The dimensions of gtmr.zip are 3.95 Mbytes (compressed)
Great 1000 Miles Rally (c) 1994 Kaneko.
A racing game featuring classic cars from Ferrari, Alfa Romeo, Mercedes Benz and more.
- TECHNICAL -
Main CPU : 68000 (@ 16 Mhz)
Sound Chips : (2x) OKI6295 (@ 12 Khz)
Screen orientation : Horizontal
Video resolution : 320 x 240 pixels
Screen refresh : 60.00 Hz
Palette colors : 32768
Players : 2
Control : paddle
Buttons : 2
- TRIVIA -
Released in June 1994.
Based on a race that occured in Italy from Brescia to Rome and return yearly between 1927-1938 and 1945-1950 called the '1000 Miglia'.
- UPDATES -
* First revision (June 1994)
* Second revision (July 1994)
* Evolution Model (September 1994) :
1. Intro has been changed slightly (windowed animations play first, car throws off smoke, sound effects play).
2. Levels have been slightly changed (ramps removed, added, etc.).
3. Player's car throws off a lot more smoke when driving.
4. Player's car bursts into flames when time runs out.
5. Title screen now has animated letters and no Italian flag.
6. Two additional cars (for a total of 12) : RacerX and FireBall.
7. Two different colors for most cars (as opposed to only one).
8. When AI cars are hit they burst into flame instead of throwing off sparks.
- SERIES -
1. Great 1000 Miles Rally (1994)
2. Mille Miglia 2 - Great 1000 Miles Rally (1995)
- SOURCES -
Backfire! (set 1)
Burnin' Rubber (DECO Cassette, set 1)
Crazy Rally (set 1)
Drift Out '94 - The Hard Order (Japan)
Drift Out (Europe)
Mille Miglia 2: Great 1000 Miles Rally (95/05/24)
Hot Rod (World, 3 Players, Turbo set 1, Floppy Based)
High Way Race
Konami 80's AC Special (GC826 VER. EAA)
Neo Drift Out - New Technology
R.C. Pro-Am (PlayChoice-10)
Road Fighter (set 1)
Space Position (Japan)
Super Speed Race Junior (Japan)
Top Secret (Exidy) (version 1.0)
Thrash Rally (ALM-003)(ALH-003)
Up'n Down (315-5030)
World Rally (Version 1.0, Checksum 0E56)
World Rally 2: Twin Racing
Warning: information in history.dat can differ from the ones present in the rest of the page (taken from MAME) as they come from a different source
|Information on gtmr|
0.36b15 [Luca Elia]
< Italy >
- 0.149: Roms renamed for clone 'Great 1000 Miles Rally: U.S.A Version! (94/09/06)' to match actual labels [Porchy].
- 28th July 2009: Mr. Do - Kiltron got busy this summer and recently cranked out Great 1000 Miles Rally artwork.
- 0.132: Tafoid fixed access violation in Great 1000 Miles Rally.
- 0.125u7: Minwah added 360degree wheel (dial) input, which is available when the Controller dip is set to 'Wheel', and Controls dip is set to '1P Side'. Note when Controls dip is set to 'Both Sides', 270degree wheel (paddle) input is used.
- 0.123u4: Corrado Tomaselli changed/verified clocks and OKI6295 pin 7 in 1000 Miglia. Changed the 2x OKI6295 clock speeds to 2MHz.
- 0.122u8: Added 'Controller' and 'Controls' dipswitch.
- 0.104u3: Luigi30 fixed OKI6295 volume settings, this fixed sample sounds clipping.
- 0.99u9: Removed gfx3 region and sound2 rom (not present on this board).
- 0.99u8: Corrado Tomaselli added clone '1000 Miglia: Great 1000 Miles Rally (94/06/13)'. Added missing cpu2 and gfx1 roms to the parent set. Changed parent description to '1000 Miglia: Great 1000 Miles Rally (94/07/18)' and clones 'Great 1000 Miles Rally (Evolution Model)' to 'Great 1000 Miles Rally: Evolution Model!!! (94/09/06)' and 'Great 1000 Miles Rally (USA)' to 'Great 1000 Miles Rally: U.S.A Version! (94/09/06)'.
- 8th September 2005: Corrado Tomaselli, f205v and Gnoppi dumped 1000 Miglia: Great 1000 Miles Rally (94/06/13). Completed dump with gfx maskroms and correct names.
- 0.97u4: Aaron Giles fixed OKI6295 sound banking in Great 1000 Miles Rally.
- 0.84u5: Replaced Stick controller with Paddle.
- 0.53: Added clone Great 1000 Miles Rally (USA). Fixed gfx1/2/3 region.
- 28th July 2001: Luca Elia added the USA ROM set to Great 1000 Miles Rally.
- 0.36RC1: Changed 'Great 1000 Miles Rally (set 1)' to clone '(Evolution Model)' and clone '(set 2)' to parent 'Great 1000 Miles Rally'. Renamed (gtmr) to (gtmre) and (gtmralt) to (gtmr).
- 0.36b16: Added clone Great 1000 Miles Rally (set 2). Changed parent description to 'Great 1000 Miles Rally (set 1)'.
- 0.36b15: Luca Elia added Great 1000 Miles Rally (Kaneko 1994).
- 12th January 2000: Luca Elia sent in a Kaneko16 driver with one working game, Great 1000 Miles Rally.
* FB Alpha
|Printer friendly version|
Direct link to this page