|Immagini disponibili:: |
Nome romset gaxeduel.zip |
Anno di produzione: 1994
Questo gioco ha bisogno di un file BIOS: ST-V Bios (stvbios.zip)
Genere del gioco: Picchiaduro
Categoria: Picchiaduro / Scontro
Questo gioco funziona in MAME con problemi
In MAME dalla versione: .074u2
Salvataggio state: Non supportato
Stato dell'emulazione: Buono
Emulazione colore: Buono
Emulazione sonoro: Imperfetto
Emulazione grafica: Imperfetto
Il driver di questo gioco in MAME č: stv.c - Leggi il codice
Questo gioco usa un solo schermo: |
Tipo di grafica: Raster
Orientamento schermo: Orizzontale
Risoluzione del gioco 320 x 224 @ 59.764793
Numero di giocatori: 2P simultanei
Numero di pulsanti: 6
La scheda di questo gioco usa 8 CHIP
Il ROMset si compone di 18 ROM (7 del gioco, 11 del set BIOS)
Le dimensioni del file gaxeduel.zip sono 13.29 Mbytes (compresso)
Riferito alla versione MAME: 0.154
: Gioco Parent
: Gioco Clone
Golden Axe - The Duel (c) 1994 Sega.
Un picchiaduro uno contro uno basato sulla famosa serie.
- DATI TECNICI -
Sega Titan Video hardware (STV)
Processore Principale : (2x) SH-2 (@ 28.6364 Mhz), 68000 (@ 11.45456 Mhz)
Chip Audio : SCSP (@ 11.45456 Mhz)
Giocatori : 2
Controllo : Joystick a 8 direzioni
Pulsanti : 6
=> Attacco debole, Attacco medio, Attacco pesante, Calcio debole, Calcio medio, Calcio forte
- CURIOSITA' -
Anche se la schermata del titolo riporta 1994, Golden Axe - The Duel fu pubblicato nel Gennaio 1995.
U.S.A : 4,442,486 - 4,454,594 - 4,462,076
Europa : 80244
Canada : 1,183,276
Honk Kong : 88-4302
Singapore : 88-155
Wave Master ha pubblicato in edizione limitata la colonna sonora di questo gioco(Golden Axe The Music - WM-0595~7) il 21/02/2008. Essa contiene musica sia della serie originale arcade sia che della serie su Sega Mega Drive/Genesis.
- SERIE -
1. Golden Axe (1989)
2. Golden Axe Warrior (1990, Sega Master System)
3. Ax Battler - A Legend of Golden Axe (1991, Sega Game Gear)
4. Golden Axe II (1991)
5. Golden Axe - The Revenge of Death Adder (1992)
6. Golden Axe III (1993, Sega Mega Drive)
7. Golden Axe - The Duel (1994)
8. Golden Axe - Beast Rider (2008, PS3 /XBOX 360)
- STAFF -
Programmatore : A. Toshikawa, H. Shimokawa, T. Takayanagi, K. Kataoka
Designer Grafico : Graphic Designers : S. Makino, Y. Endo, Y. Aoki, Y. Kawata, T. Kusunoki, N. Takahashi, S. Amano, T. Kudo, Y. Isoda, T. Akai
Compositore : K. Nagai
Voci : H. Kawatsu, H. Kiuchi, Y. Nezu
Progetto Gioco : K. Imaeda, M. Takabe
Ringraziamenti speciali : K. Ohto
- CONVERSIONI -
Sega Saturn [JP] (September 29, 1995) [Model GS-9041]
Sega Saturn [US] (??? ??, 1995) [Model 81045]
Sega Saturn [EU] (??? ??, 1995) [Model MK81045-50]
- FONTI -
Rom del gioco.
Altered Beast (set 8, 8751 317-0078)
Arabian Fight (World)
Arabian Magic (Ver 1.0O 1992/07/06)
Blade Master (World)
Chelnov - Atomic Runner (World)
Dynasty Wars (USA, B-Board 89624B-?)
Golden Axe: The Revenge of Death Adder (World)
Gaiapolis (ver EAF)
Golden Axe (set 6, US, 8751 317-123A)
Guardians / Denjin Makai II
Haunted Castle (version M)
Karnov (US, rev 6)
Legend of Makai (World)
Metamorphic Force (ver EAA)
Monster Maulers (ver EAA)
Golden Axe II (Mega Play)
Magic Sword: Heroic Fantasy (World 900725)
Altered Beast (Mega-Tech)
Golden Axe (Mega-Tech)
Golden Axe II (Mega-Tech)
Act Raiser (Nintendo Super System)
Oriental Legend Special / Xi You Shi E Zhuan Super (ver. 101, Korean Board)
Oriental Legend Special Plus / Xi You Shi E Zhuan Super Plus
Oriental Legend 2 (V104, China)
Oriental Legend / Xi You Shi E Zhuan (ver. 126)
Rastan (World Rev 1)
Rygar (US set 1)
Strider (USA, B-Board 89624B-2)
Strider 2 (USA 991213)
Trio The Punch - Never Forget Me... (World)
Rastan Saga II (Tourvision PCE bootleg)
Warrior Blade - Rastan Saga Episode III (Japan)
Wild Fang / Tecmo Knight
Warriors of Fate (World 921031)
Attenzione: I dati di history.dat potrebbero essere diversi da quelli riportati nel resto della scheda (tratti da MAME), in quanto provenienti da fonti diverse.
|Informazioni su gaxeduel
- 0.100u2: Mariusz Wojcieszek fixed Golden Axe - The Duel. Game now playable!
- 0.90: Changed description to 'Golden Axe - The Duel (JUETL 950117 V1.000)'.
- 0.74u2: Added Golden Axe - The Duel (Sega 1994).
- 0.63: Added Golden Axe - The Duel (Testdriver).
Informazioni su stv.c (Driver MAME)
0.63 [David Haywood, Angelo Salese, Olivier Galibert, Mariusz Wojcieszek]
- To enter into an Advanced Test Mode, keep pressed the Test Button (F2) on the start-up.
- Driver by David Haywood, Angelo Salese, Olivier Galibert and Mariusz Wojcieszek.
- SCSP driver provided by R. Belmont, based on ElSemi's SCSP sound chip emulator.
- CD Block driver provided by ANY, based on sthief original emulator.
- Many thanks to Guru, Fabien and Runik for the help given.
- dnmtdeka, diehard: Illegal Sprite Mode - Contact MAMEDEV. BarnacleEd (ID 04539)
- danchih, danchiq: Sound distortion when you insert a credit. MASH (ID 04385)
- Collection of pictures of ST-V games running on the real hardware for reference. Smitdogg (ID 03949)
- cottonbm, cotton2: Music becomes glitchy at the 1st stage boss. abelardator2 (ID 03864)
- diehard, dnmtdeka: Both Die Hard Arcade and Dynamite Deka have graphics glitches in different moments of the games. LastNinja2 (ID 01657)
- Some stv.c sets: 32-bit version fails to run with "-bios debug". Firewave (ID 03322)
- 0.151: Minor mods to make (MESS) Saturn test1f diag life easier. Improved SMPC timings (machine\smpc.c, video\stvvdp2.c and includes\stv.h). ADR and track # fixes (machine\stvcd.c) [Angelo Salese]. Added SCUDSP (14318180 Hz) CPU4.
- 0.148u3: Sketchy CD on/off command, useful to test out CD features in diag menu (machine\smpc.c). Fixed CD interface mirrors, allows Over load test to work in Diag (machine\stvcd.c). Fixed a SCU DMA bug (machine\saturn.c) [Angelo Salese].
- 0.148u2: Splitted drivers\saturn.c to machine\saturn.c and drivers\stv.c. Moved mame\machine\scudsp.c/h, smpc.c/h, stvcd.c, video\stvvdp1.c and stvvdp2.c to emu/. Added machine\decathlt.c. Moved some of the saturn code from mame\ into emu\ and made saturn.c & stv.c separately compilable. Still needs work before saturn.c can be moved to mess/. Splitted saturn and stv up a bit more so that stvprot.c is not linked into MESS. Removed dependency as it no longer uses #include (mame\mame.mak). Splitted mame\drivers\saturn.c into emu\machine\saturn.c and mess\drivers\saturn.c, so MAME doesn't have to compile and link the unused code [smf]. Actually fixed Sign flag in OR opcode (machine\scudsp.c). Minor/Cosmetic change (machine\stvcd.c). Experimental fixes for Bug! (video\stvvdp2.c). Logging could be a good idea (added "A-Bus Dummy access ..." logerror). Fixed for Choice Cuts crashing when skipping FMV. Fixed regression with Burning Rangers (drivers\saturn.c). Fixed for file system printing (machine\stvcd.c), thanks to Firewave. Fixed physical CD-ROM reading in CD Block, fixes Black Matrix FMV loading. Time to fixed Game Basic / World Cup 98 Illegal DMA attempt (drivers\saturn.c). Part 1 of drawing window rewrite (video\stvvdp2.c). Fixed window for sprites. Logging for any unhandled case. Fixed for Odd bit. Attempt to add proper H/V latch settings. Fixed a crash bug with CD block, fixes at very least Yoshimoto Mahjong. Actually 0x62 doesn't need this (cd_exec_command, machine\stvcd.c). Final Fight Revenge ST-V notes (machine\stvprot.c). Improved protection in Steep Slope Sliders (machine\stvprot.c). Hooked up my theory for some other games, it's mostly right except it needs a decrypter expert (video\stvvdp2.c, machine\stvprot.c). Added a more sane ST-V SMPC Intback command emulation, based off Saturn version. Fixes inputs in Find Love. Avoid logging if word reading from the IOGA. vfkids trips this one (stv_vdp2_window_process(x,y)), hook it up (video\stvvdp2.c). Fixed regression with Shienryu (machine\smpc.c). Fixed SMPC change clock behaviour, fixes 2 credits at start-up for various ST-V games. Might as well do the same thing for Slave CPU. Notes updating. Basic hook-up of CD block command 0x64, pending actual transfer code (machine\stvcd.c). Added hook-up for CD Block command 0x64 (Put Sector Data). Fixed (MESS) Out Run booting, it triggers the RESET opcode and the only good theory so far is that the SMPC can read the RESET/HALT states on it in some way. Actually ECPY isn't needed. Attempt to added Copy Sector Data command, but my logic fails for some reason. Actually found something that uses this, fixed (Wangan Midnight Dead Heat + Real Arrange, if you are wondering). Death to window_control with bit pattern and old bitmap code. Small fix for size allocation. Fixed filter reading on false connector (machine\stvcd.c). Moved CD command timing around, fixed regression in logicpuz. Also added 11bpp bitmap mode for VDP2, fixed HUD in Tunnel B1. Added preliminary CD Seek mechanism, fixes Zero Divide booting. Misc changes (machine\stvcd.c). Added SCSP sound clear (drivers\saturn.c). Default for ISM, there were some spurious irqs at boot (drivers\saturn.c and includes\stv.h). Hook-up proper VDP1 fb erase via coordinates, fixes Gokujou Parodius / Sexy Parodius. Debug code that slipped through (machine\stvcd.c). First batch of real HW tests: added proper vblank firing (video\stvvdp2.c). Actually fixed track seek, fixes regression with Zero Divide (machine\stvcd.c). Fixed VDP1 clear regression, reverted the blckmtxa attempted fix too. Work-around for VDP1 framebuffer clear, fixes Daisenryaku Strong Style regression (video\stvvdp1.c). Fixed regression with FAD end in track mode, fixes Death Throttle. First pass at improving CD get status command, fixes streamed music in falcom2, Wachenroder, World Cup 98 and probably others. Improved previous fix, fixes regression with Road Blaster & friends. Timid attempt to make Pango Fun to boot. Improved VDP1 timings, fixes several Saturn games such as Fatal Fury 3, Night Striker S, Command & Conquer. Fixed a minor bug with CD block Put sector, makes Virtual On to enter into gameplay. Attempt to fix CEF bit reset behaviour, fixes Virtual On 3d gfxs [Angelo Salese]. Fixed super-verbose logging in machine\stvcd.c [Oliver Stöneberg]. Fixing compilation error; cannot subtract from a bool [Nathan Woods]. I imagine there is actually a logic flaw in the new code, but for now let's just stop it blowing up (video\stvvdp1.c). Put the decathlete protection (compression) handling in a different file to the others, add some debug (disabled) code to allow loading of memdumps from UME/MESS for the title screen, will hopefully give us a good 1:1 match for some compressed -> plain gfx. This one is going to need a lot of work even once the gfx are done tho, currently looks awful anyway with the bad blending and 9% speed. Bit of rearranging of the stvprot.c code with a view to easier dumping out encrypted / non-encrypted streams. Further stvprot.c reworking + logging [David Haywood]. Fixed stvbios loading in cartslots. Better fix for ST-V cartslots. Thanks Firewave! [Fabio Priuli].
- 0.148u1: Removed machine\stvcd.h. Removed NEW_VIDEO_CODE, it needs a bigger plan (drivers\saturn.c and includes\stv.h and video\stvvdp2.c). Added force_resynch on master/slave communication buffer, fixes at least (MESS) Ichidant-R booting (drivers\saturn.c and includes\stv.h). Guessed that if SMPC calls the same state for a CPU reset line it executes less code (machine\smpc.c). Fixes (MESS) Greatest Nine '97. Inverted fake comms default (drivers\saturn.c). Attempt #1 to improve PERIodic flag (machine\stvcd.c). SCU logging fix (drivers\saturn.c). VDP1 command list 3 is a mirror for distorted sprite, fixes Hardcore 4x4 (video\stvvdp1.c). Made minit/sinit to force resync instead of boost interleave, fixes (MESS) Densetsu no Ogre Battle booting. Made SCU DMAs to be relative to master SH-2 cycles and indirect DMA, improves timing in most FMVs (drivers\saturn.c and video\stvvdp2.c). Support for TH control mode in SMPC (System Manager and Peripheral Control - machine\smpc.c), fixes inputs in (MESS) Heisei Tensai Bakabon Susume! Bakabons. Made the comms hack more useful (drivers\saturn.c and includes\stv.h). Fixed input regression with (MESS) Bug 2 (cpu\scudsp\scudspdasm.c, drivers\saturn.c and video\stvvdp1.c). Corrected VDP2 VRAM mirror, fixes missing gfxs in (MESS) Civilization and Silhouette Mirage. Added RGB555 drawgfxzoom, fixes gfxs for (MESS) Croc (video\stvvdp2.c). Moved a variable around in VDP1, fixes gfx updating in (MESS) Slam N Jam 96 and Cross Romance. Fixed linezoom in VDP2 (video\stvvdp2.c). Support fade in/out for rgb555 zooming tiles (video\stvvdp2.c). Part 1/2 of Last Bronx gfx fixing: Fixed shadows in double X condition and that shadow logic looks quite illogic to me (video\stvvdp2.c). State-ized Sega Saturn VDP1 & 2. State-ized CD block and finished state-izing VDP1, thanks to OG & Micko. Removed pointless VDP1 gfx decoding. Minor speed gain (video\stvvdp1.c, machine\stvcd.c). First pass in rewriting VDP2 bitmap layers. RGB32 being the first one. Check-point, (MESS) Burning Rangers now shows half-right FMV (video\stvvdp2.c). Added 4bpp and 8bpp cases, fixes at least Code R crash after loading (video\stvvdp2.c). Fixed linescroll for VDP2 bitmap layers. Fixed vertical linescroll mask too. Fixed zooming for (NESS) 3D Baseball the Majors (8bpp bitmaps). Added zooming for RGB15 (My Fair Lady). Added INTBACK buffer mechanism, fixes at least Rayman inputs (includes\stv.h and machine\smpc.c). Reverted a VDP1 wrong fix, causes problems in (MESS) World Series Baseball and Akumajou Dracula X. Fixed TH Control Method when TR is active, fixes input detection in 3D Lemmings (machine\smpc.c) [Angelo Salese]. Fixed old OSX compiler (machine\smpc.c) [Fabio Priuli].
- 0.148: Worked around comparison is always true error (machine\stvcd.c) [Angelo Salese].
- 0.147u1: Modernized Saturn a bit (drivers\saturn.c and includes\stv.h) [Miodrag Milanovic].
- 0.145u8: Marked all remaining old-style CDs without gap information BAD_DUMP. These will still run (where applicable), but need to be re-ripped for best accuracy (and proper audio track timing for some Bemani games) [R. Belmont, Firewave].
- 0.145u1: Removed unneeded include and confusing static. Make stv_add_blend return a MAKE_RGB and fix sprite shadow (was shifting alpha bit into rgb, intensifying red was obviously wrong). Like stv palette, use pal5bit for 5bpp pixels. Get rid of unneeded true/false vars t_pen and tw. Mask out alpha bits (video\stvvdp2.c) [hap]. This fixed graphic corruption in all ST-V sets. Miodrag Milanovic fixed ST-V cart region names. This fixed crash after cartridge selected in file manager menu (Softlist).
- 0.145: R. Belmont fixed master SCSP detection. This fixed all sets in the ST-V driver do not start or play correctly. hap fixed regression in stv_vdp2_draw_line and stv video regression.
- 0.144u6: Major bitmap-related changes throughout the system. Converted ST-V driver away from the RGB15 format bitmaps [Aaron Giles].
- 0.143u6: Added cpu\scudsp\scudspdasm.c.
- 0.143u4: Splitted saturn.c driver into stv.c and saturn.c. Removed stvinit.c driver. Angelo Salese moved ST-V game-specific overrides from saturn.c/stvinit.c to stv.c, makes games to correctly return stv.c instead of saturn.c if you use -listsource. Moved change clock inside a timer and worked on NMI generation for SMPC, fixes most instances of 2 credits at start-up for ST-V games. Rewritten ST-V IOGA system from scratch. Converted VDP2 registers into proper 16-bits parallelism. Added MVOL to the SCSP core, used for sound fade in/out effects.
- 0.143u3: Angelo Salese fixed DMA add values and a MVI condition shift flag bug in SCU DSP core. Fixed SCU DSP PC reads from SH-2 side. Major reorganization and clean-up of SMPC.
- 29th July 2011: Angelo Salese - More Sega Saturn WIP pics, based off the latest fixes for the system.
- 0.143u2: Various Sega Saturn / ST-V fixes, that allows correct sound in Baku Baku Animal and Funky Head Boxers, also removed instadma hack, used by Pebble Beach Golf and Funky Head Boxers. Added DSP end IRQ event in Sega Saturn / ST-V SCU DSP core [Angelo Salese].
- 0.143u1: Added machine\smpc.c/h.
- 0.143: Changed SH-2 CPU1/2 clock speed to 28636360 Hz, 68000 CPU3 to 11289600 Hz and VSync to 59.764793 Hz.
- 0.142u6: Many Sega ST-V / Saturn HW changes [Angelo Salese].
- 17th June 2011: Angelo Salese - Still working on Sega Saturn, and fixed many issues with it. Here goes some WIP pics (mostly taken from the official Sega Saturn WIP topic there, plus various in-development pics).
- 0.142u5: More accurate pixel clocks for Sega Saturn / ST-V [Angelo Salese]. Angelo Salese fixed an ST-V window effect bug when it's in double interlace mode, fixes a graphic bug with Virtual Mahjong. Fixed a rather silly bug with SCU DSP execute flag. Oliver Stöneberg fixed Sega Saturn / ST-V start-up crash that was happening on some ends. Added accurate hblank durations to Sega Saturn / ST-V HW [Angelo Salese, Corrado Tomaselli, Charles MacDonald]. Angelo Salese moved SMPC intback command inside a timer, removes a kludge for SMPC mask irq. Angelo Salese fixed emulation hangs in Pebble Beach and Funky Head Boxers. Fixed a rather silly bug with SCU DSP execute flag. Moved SMPC intback command inside a timer, removes a kludge for SMPC mask irq. Added CD/DA audio and changed VSync to 59.826048 Hz.
- 27th May 2011: Angelo Salese - Fixed a SCU DSP bogus bug with flags, fixed SMPC intback command, moved it inside a command and hooked up the SMPC direct mode inputs. This allows the Sega Saturn console (SEGA 1994/5 Ver 1.01) to boot. The diagnostic cart (SEGA v0.5 1994) is now operational too, and it really shows how bad is our current Saturn emulation (and some very lovely Engrish as well.
- 26th May 2011: Angelo Salese - Starting from u4 cycle, I'm been busy into finally cleaning up the Sega Saturn / ST-V driver. After that, I've started to nail down the irq system/pixel clock again (that was pretty messy before), and got various things fixed (namely the Pebble Beach / Funky Head Boxers hang). All of this also caused Virtual Mahjong to finally show itself with correct gfxs during gameplay.
- 0.142u4: Added hash\stv.xml. Major clean-up and state machine conversion for the Sega ST-V / Saturn driver [Angelo Salese]. Implemented multi-cart support to ST-V driver [Angelo Salese, Tafoid]. Changed region user1 to game0.
- 0.142u2: Changed stv.c to saturn.c driver.
- 0.141u3: Aaron Giles fixed black screen after system checking in several stv.c sets.
- 0.141u1: Mariusz Wojcieszek added support for MSB shadows in STV VDP2. This improves Soukyugurentai shadows. Fixed rendering of not rotated RBG layer in STV VDP2. This fixes garbage on level 4 of Soukyugurentai. Added support for MSB enabled color calculation for sprites in STV. This improves some sprites in Soukyugurentai. Corrected bitmap palette number for RBG0 in STV VDP2. This fixes colors in boss gfx in Soukyugurentai level 4 & 5.
- 0.138u2: Angelo Salese splitted the ST-V protection handlings by per-game and added proper RTC support.
- 0.138u1: Angelo Salese added x/y boundary checking to ST-V bitmaps.
- 0.137u1: David Haywood added default NVRAMs to the ST-V driver.
- 0.137: Angelo Salese written a per-pixel function for the irq system in the ST-V driver, disabled by default.
- 0.133u3: Angelo Salese improved ST-V timer 1 irq behaviour. Pebble Beach still have issues with gameplay start though (writes lots of garbage for whatever reason, really worked for random chances before).
- 0.133u1: Angelo Salese added Screen Raw Params hook-up to the ST-V driver, fixes some of the current issues. Angelo Salese and Corrado Tomaselli hand-tuned ST-V pixel-clock to match measured fps from the PCB. Corrado Tomaselli verified and updated the vertical syncs on the ST-V motherboard. Changed visible area to 320x224 and VSync to 59.828244Hz.
- 0.131u3: Added dipswitches 'UNK' and 7x 'Unknown'.
- 0.131u1: Moved stv_vdp2_dynamic_res_change() function outside of VIDEO_UPDATE in ST-V [Angelo Salese].
- 0.128u6: R. Belmont re-ordered SCSP init to fix crash. This fixed SCSP assert in colmns97 and stress.
- 0.128u5: Angelo Salese fixed reversed VBLANK-IN/OUT events in ST-V. Fixed hanagumi/groovef 2 credits at start-up. Many improvements on the irq handling of the ST-V driver [Angelo Salese, Charles MacDonald]: Fixed a bug with irq timings. Added ODD bit emulation. Fixed vblank period timings. Optimized a bit the whole interrupt routines, getting a 4x speed gain. Fixed an irq mask handling bug. This fixed at least Astra SuperStars and Pebble Beach booting, but the latter still fails the timer 1 irq routines. Fixed sokyugrt and shienryu freezes after the loading and patent screens. shienryu allows coins but that's it.
- 0.128u4: Pre-irq rewrite submission in ST-V driver [Angelo Salese]: Better management of hblank/vblank bits. Makes dynamic resolutions to be called with a timer instead of run-time. Makes dynamic resolutions to not be changed at every frame but only when there's an actual change. Removed all the read/write handler speed-up hacks, they aren't needed anymore and they were doing more damage than being useful. This fixes 'Golden Axe - The Duel' gameplay speed at the cost of breaking up 'Power Instinct 3 - Groove On Fight' coin counter at start-up. ST-V IRQ rewrite [Angelo Salese]: Removed several global hacks/game specific hacks (SMPC irq bit/introdon irq register hack/pblbeach framebuffer hack plus some more). Note: Some games have issues with it, but they'll be hopefully fixed on the next couple of updates. Changed visible area to 704x512.
- 0.128u3: Various improvements in the ST-V driver [Angelo Salese]: Fixed bitmap zooming in Virtual Mahjong 2 - My Fair Lady. Worked around a major graphic bug in ElanDoree. Added some missing alpha blending effects, Pro Mahjong Kiwame S title screen needs it but it doesn't work yet due to other problems (still investigating). Fixed a crash bug with Astra SuperStars when the debugger is active.
- 0.128u1: Small cleanups to the ST-V driver [Angelo Salese]: Make some work for 'Magical Zunou Power', still not working. David Haywood cleaned up STV rom loading a bit.
- 0.127u1: Fabio Priuli fixed P1 and P2 Button 4 are duplicated.
- 0.126u3: R. Belmont enable strict PC relative loads for ST-V games; at least Cotton Boomerang needs them.
- 0.126u2: Brian Troha changed short names for STV BIOS back to single words.
- 0.126u1: Brian Troha added ST-V BIOS info based on text at 0x800 (byte swapped). Reorganized the BIOS list & description. Added the USA BIOS to Super Major League and it's a USA only cart.
- 0.125u5: Added includes\stv.h.
- 0.125u4: Upped max directory size for ST-V/Saturn driver (machine\stvcd.c) [R. Belmont].
- 0.118: Mike Haaland fixed macros in stvcd.c to work with C89 compilers.
- 0.114u4: R. Belmont fixed crash due to lack of CD in the Success ST-V games.
- 0.114u2: R. Belmont updated stvcd to be working enough that most Saturn games at least die for some other reason, and a few actually do useful things. Also included a small update to the core cdrom code so you can fetch a sector without knowing in advance what format it is.
- 0.111u5: Nathan Woods updated the Sega Saturn VDP2 video driver to use the new BITMAP_ADDR* macros instead of using the line array.
- 0.110u5: Removed drivers\stvhacks.c. Added drivers\stvinit.c and machine\stvprot.c/h. David Haywood moved the ST-V protection related code into stvprot.c and added some notes about the decathlete protection and renamed stvhacks to stvinit, because it contains most of the inits as well as the speedhacks.
- 0.110u3: STV fixes [Mariusz Wojcieszek]: VDP2: Fixed vertical scrolling for RGB bitmaps (fixes corrupted gfx in batmanfr). Fixed vertical line scrolling for zoomed layers (fixes corrupted backgrounds in astrass). STV: Added speedup for master sh2 in batmanfr.
- 0.110u2: More updates to the ST-V driver [Mariusz Wojcieszek]: VDP1: Added shading for sprites (used by znpwfv, cotton2, others). Fixed sprite clipping (fixes incorrect sprites in znpwfv). Fixed transparency on colour lookup table sprites (fixes bad sprites in znpwfv). VDP2: Fixed caching of RGB layer (fixes bad backgrounds on bosses in rsgun). Added additive blending for tilemaps and sprites (rsgun). Added vertical line scroll and linezoom (fixes diehard logo). STV: Improved speedups for diehard. Fixed speedups for znpwfv. Added preliminary save state support.
- 0.108u5: Another big update to the ST-V driver [Mariusz Wojcieszek]: scsp: Improved interrupt reset (diehard, dnmtdeka and vfkids). colmns97 have sound now. vdp1: Added mesh effect for the sprites and polylines. vdp2: Optimized RBG rendering. stv: Added speedups for dnmtdeka and diehard and corrected some set names/descriptions.
- 0.105u1: Modified a number of drivers that were using empty RAM regions for RAM or which had extraneous memory regions. Most significant changes were to the Arcadia, NSS and ST-V drivers [Aaron Giles].
- 0.105: zozo added the Dev 1.061 and early Japan BIOSes for ST-V: 'stv1061.bin' = ST-V Dev BIOS (1.061) - Sega 1994, Noted "ST-V Ver 1.061 94/11/25" on EPROM sticker, coming from a S-TV SG5001A dev board and 'epr-17740.bin' = ST-V BIOS (Japan early) - Sega 1995, found on a early board dated 02/1995.
- 0.104u7: Aaron Giles fixed ST-V games which always resets at the begining.
- 0.103: More ST-V updates [Mariusz Wojcieszek]: Added idle loop skipping for Radiant Silvergun. Added RBG caching. Added RBG "two screens" mode. Added Critter Crusher (not working due to missing inputs). Fixed several bugs introduced recently with all the other changes. R. Belmont completely rewrote machine\stvcd.c and .h. There's a lot less there now, but what's there is more understandable and works much better.
- 0.102u4: Major update to the STV driver [Mariusz Wojcieszek]: sh2: Introduced cpu_readop16() for opcode fetching. stv: Added idle skip to various games. stv: Ooptimized master/slave sh2 syncing. vdp1: Fixed sprite transparency for RGB sprites. vdp2: Added linescroll. vdp2: Added 16x16 15bit tiles (fixes missing gfx in znpwfv). vdp2: Optimized tilemap scrolling, bitmaps and framebuffer drawing. vdp2: Fixed page and map calculation. dsp: Fixed some bugs making vfremix run up to the end of second match.
- 9th December 2005: Mariusz Wojcieszek - Speedup for most of the 2D games in ST-V driver! For example with a Athlon 3000: Princess Clara Daisakusen (60 fps), Soukyugurentai (60 fps), Suikoenbu (60 fps), Power Instinct 3 (55 fps), Cotton 2 (45-50 fps) and Cotton Boomerang (45-50 fps).
- 0.99u8: Improvements to the ST-V driver [Mariusz Wojcieszek]: Added another checking for DMA parameters. Changed STV V-blank timing. vdp1: Implemented two framebuffers and flipping. vdp1: Added manual changing and erasing of framebuffers. vdp1: Added manual trigger for drawing. vdp1: mapped framebuffer into memory (for 16bpp only). vdp1: Added shadow and half luminance for RGB sprites. vdp2: Fixed bitmaps scrolling (fixes bad gfx in batmanfr and bakubaku intro). vdp2: Added preliminary window effect for tilemaps and sprite layer (for batmanfr). vdp2: Added scaling for 8bpp and 15bpp bitmaps (fixes vmahjong and myfairld backgrounds).
- 0.99u7: Angelo Salese improved emulation of the IC13 ROM loading in ST-V driver. Find Love, Decathlete, Soukyugurentai / Terra Diver can boot without hacks or debug tricks. Also Suikoenbu has improved gameplay.
- 0.99u3: Updates to the ST-V driver [Mariusz Wojcieszek]: vdp2: Added rotation in RBG0 layer (improves diehard, vfkids, vfremix, thunt, sassisu backgrounds). vdp2: Added 15bit RGB tilemaps (used by thunt). vdp2: Added opaque alpha blended bitmaps (fixes missing gfx in shienryu intro). vdp2: Added enable bit for RGB sprites (fixes some bad sprites in vfremix). vdp2: Added alpha blending for RGB sprites, vdp1: Fixed polygon drawing. vdp1: Added line drawing. sh2: Fixed bug in division unit. sh2: Added callback called when cpu reads FTCSR register (intended for idle loop skipping for slave sh2 in stv). stv: Added idle loop skipping for several games. dsp: Fixed DMA (fixes some bad gfx in thunt).
- 0.97u1: Ville Linde fixed a minor bug in the SCSP timer handling.
- 0.96: A number of ST-V improvements [Angelo Salese]: Fixed a DSP bug which was causing Treasure Hunt to hang. The game is working but with graphics artifacts because of other DSP bugs. Added the possibility on the VDP1 to double the horizontal resolution under some circumstances. This affects Astra SuperStars, Virtual Mahjong & Virtual Mahjong 2. Fixed a bug in the A-Bus protection handling for games which have rom data mapped here. Made some small fixes to the SCU. Added a quick hack to avoid the sound reading "hang", disabled by default. There's also some WIP code for the protection in Astra SuperStars and Final Fight Revenge.
- 0.95u2: Sega ST-V update [Angelo Salese]: Fixed some interrupt issues because the old implementation was giving several hangs on Batman Forever. To be more specific added the sprite draw end irq to the INTERRUPT_GEN structure and fixed a bug which prevented the vblank bit to not be cleared if the irq mask has the VBLANK-IN disactivated. Fixed the NMI_disable/enable cmds on the SMPC device, this function is to active/disactive a bit in the SMPC ram. This fixes the "2 credits bug at start-up" in Shanghai Triple Threat. Fixed a bug in the bitmap type 4 in VDP2 handling, which was causing the Sunsoft logo in Shanghai Triple Threat to not show correctly.
- 0.91u2: ST-V update [Angelo Salese]: Added some new VDP-2 registers, for example the DISP one for avoid transitions draws. Re-added the layer disable/enable code that I sent in the past which was lost and removed the possibility to disable layers with non-debug builds. Started to add default EEPROMs for the various games, for now I've hooked up the one in Shienryu to let it run already with Vertical Switch. Added the dynamic clocks, hopefully now 100% working. Changed SH-2 CPU1/2 clock speeds to 28636400 Hz and 68000 CPU3 to 11454560 Hz.
- 0.90u4: ST-V Update [Angelo Salese]. Started to work with the A-Bus protection, it is a sort of data transfer with the cartridge area, more info in the stv.c file. Current implementation just fixes character selection screens in 'Steep Slope Sliders', I will work out about this one in the future, it has various "interesting" issues which was thought to be emulation probs (i.e booting in 'Radiant Silvergun', textures in 'Touryuu Densetsu Elan-Doree' etc.). Added a preliminary timer 1 irq handling, it fixes Pebble Beach booting but it doesn't work yet because of incomplete VDP-1 emulation. Noticed that ignoring VDP-1 long word access read by SH-2 isn't correct and not needed (because 'Steep Slope Sliders' is protected rather than using an illegal procedure), it was causing wrong graphics in Funky Head Boxers and boot errors in Pebble Beach, reversed it back to default. Changed SH-2 CPU1/2 clock speeds to 26874100 Hz and 68000 CPU3 to 10749640 Hz.
- 18th January 2005: Angelo Salese - Started to work out the ST-V protection in Steep Slope Sliders. It is a sort of data transfer. The other protected games are: Astra SuperStars, Fighting Dragon Legend Elan Doree, Final Fight Revenge and Radiant Silvergun. Will be worked out in the next future. Pebble Beach Golf,still not working due to video emulation/irq probs and no,it's not Sea Bass Fishing.
- 0.90u2: ST-V update [Angelo Salese]. Fixed a bug with the VDP-1 ram reading, SH-2 can do byte or word access, it's implicit that can't do long word access. This fixes the Steep Slope Sliders booting so the game now works. VDP-1 PTM's "draw by request" was actually causing sprites to flicker in kiwames, reversed back to old implementation until I or somebody else understand what the current issue is (clear_framebuffer?). Finished the game header update, let me know if you like/don't like the system used for the description of the games. Fixed ST-V visible area to 704x513, which was causing Virtual Mahjong 2 to crash after the sound ram check. Fixed a window effect bug in Double-density interlace mode, this fixes some graphics in vmahjong & myfairld. Guessed a bitmap positioning issue in double-density interlace mode, this fixes the NBG1 positioning in myfairld.
- 0.90u1: Some ST-V fixes which allow Sea Bass Fishing to run [Angelo Salese].
- 0.90: Angelo Salese fixed various DMA bugs, including a missing save/update mode in indirect mode and added a default add value for the A-Bus transfer, to avoid strange uploads. Further improved the SCU emulation, added two unemulated irqs (PAD and SCSP), improved the "illegal" DMA operations and started to work out with the games headers. Changed clock speed of the 2x SH-2 CPUs to 28636350 Hz and the 68000 CPU3 to 11454540 Hz in all games.
- 0.88u5: SCU DSP update [Angelo Salese]: Finished flags in ALU opcodes and SR opcode: MSB does not change.
- 0.83: Mariusz Wojcieszek added VDP2 layer disabling based on VRAM cycle pattern registers - this fixes gfx glitches in shanhigw title screen. Added VDP1 half transparency - this improves sprites alpha blending in shanhigw in-game. Added VDP1 Gouraud shading (for normal sprites only) - this adds highlighting for selected tiles in shanhigw.
- 0.82u2: ST-V updates [Mariusz Wojcieszek]: Fixed the bad RGB sprites colors and incorrect sprite clipping. Added color offset for RGB sprites. Fixed horizontal scrolling for bitmaps (corrects mausuke ingame background).
- 0.82u1: ST-V VDP-1/2 update [Mariusz Wojcieszek]: Converted VDP1 drawing (sprites) to use framebuffer. Added sprite priorities (corrects shanhigw ingame and colmns97 title screen). Added color offset for sprites. Improved sprites alpha blending (improves ejihon and shienryu intro). Added framebuffer interlace (fixes elandore character selection screen). Added color offset for bitmaps. Added vertical scrolling for bitmaps (corrects shanhigw ingame). The main result (visible to user) of these changes is that shanhigw is now playable without problems (apart from gfx glitches on title screen). Fixed a window mode bug in STV VDP-2.
- 15th April 2004: Mariusz Wojcieszek fixed a sprite rendering bug in the ST-V driver where some sprites got distorted to the wrong size, improving Othello Shiyouyo title screen, helicopter in Die Hard Arcade, attract modes in Cotton Boomerang and Hanagumi Taisen Columns and it also makes Super Major League almost playable.
- 0.81u4: Mariusz Wojcieszek fixed sprites in groovef which is now playable, adds some RBG0 scrolling which greatly improves background graphics in cotton2, cottonbm, grdforce and othellos.
- 31st March 2004: Mariusz Wojcieszek sent in an update to the ST-V driver, adding support for the end code feature in VDP1 which improved sprites in Columns '97, Ejihon Tantei Jimusyo, Shienryu and fixing some bugs in the SCU DSP emulation.
- 0.80u2: ST-V update [Angelo Salese]. Fixed bitmap transparencies, added the RBG0 layer (no scroll/roz effects yet). Added a really preliminary window effect (just for get tile-based sprites in shanhigw). Re-added the VDP1 PTM register support which has been lost in the past.
- 0.80u1: ST-V fixes [Mariusz Wojcieszek]: Improved scaling tilemap backgrounds. vfkids, colmns97 and vfremix backgrounds are better now. Fixed a problem where entering and existing service mode during game causes master/slave communication to fail. It turned out that slave cpu should be reset when it is turned off and on. This helps all games in driver.
- 0.80: Various ST-V improvements (brightness controls) [Angelo Salese].
- 28th February 2004: Angelo Salese added RGB brightness control to VDP2 in the ST-V driver and kludged Power Instinct 3 so that it boots (it has missing sprites though).
- 0.79: Updated ST-V driver to use new memory system, cleaning up the map [Olivier Galibert].
- 21st January 2004: Olivier Galibert merged the ST-V driver memory maps and Aaron Giles fixed a problem in it.
- 20th January 2004: R. Belmont fixed many things in the ST-V sound system and as a result many more games have working sound in that driver.
- 19th January 2004: R. Belmont - Fixed some ST-V bugs, sound now works in a lot more games (but not Die Hard or Baku Baku yet, still tracing).
- 16th January 2004: Mariusz Wojcieszek improved the ST-V driver sprite color calculation, fixing problems with Shienryu sprite colors and Winter Heat character selection screen.
- 0.78u4: Some ST-V alpha blending [Mariusz Wojcieszek] (see bakubaku playfield, mausuke playfield, shienryu clouds etc.).
- 0.78u1: Improvements to ST-V emulation [Mariusz Wojcieszek]: Changes to sprites color calculation. I fixed it using in color bank modes by using color offset register from VDP2. Now shienryu kludge is no longer needed and also sprite colors in Winter Heat and Virtua Fighter Kids are correct. Changes for Princess Clara Daisakusen (prikura) so that game is playable now (as far I tested it). Prikura tried to render distorted sprites with xsize = 0 or ysize = 0 and this caused crash. As these values are prohibited according to manual, I ignore distorted sprites with xsize = 0 or ysize = 0. I found that missing MINIT for slave to run the sprites is done by using address 0x01406f40 instead of 0x01000000. I'm not sure if my change is a hack or real hardware behaves in that way, but in my opinion it is possible that whole range of addresses (0x01000000 - 0x017fffff) is used for MINIT. I added MINIT only for one address used by prikura. Bad sprite colors were fixed in point 1. Small change for vdp2: commented out a call to usrintf_showmessage().
- 0.77u3: ST-V improvements [Angelo Salese, Mariusz Wojcieszek].
- 11th December 2003: Mariusz Wojcieszek submitted an improvement to the SCU DSP emulation in the ST-V driver, but Virtua Fighter Remix still doesn't work properly.
- 26th November 2003: R. Belmont and ElSemi fixed various bugs in the SCSP sound core, improving the sound greatly in the ST-V driver.
- 0.77u1: Minor cleanups to the ST-V driver (specifically changed some variables to static) [Nathan Woods].
- 0.77: Added machine\stvcd.c/h. Various ST-V improvements [Angelo Salese]. Removed some unknown dipswitch entries.
- 0.76u2: Added drivers\stvhacks.c. Several ST-V games are probably now playable, however be warned many are very very slow, this is not a bug, sound is still poor or non-existant in most titles, these haven't been tested for long so could easily fail at later levels. Games which were marked as working in previous updates are also improved (shienryu etc.) [David Haywood, Angelo Salese, Olivier Galibert].
- 29th October 2003: Olivier Galibert added distorted sprite drawing to the ST-V driver, adding 3D graphics in a lot of games. David Haywood added sprite zoom to the ST-V driver, and a few more games show some graphics now: Cotton 2, Cotton Boomerang, Columns 97, Die Hard, Ejihon Tantei Jimusyo, Virtua Fighter Kids, Virtua Fighter Remix, Funky Head Boxers, Othello Shiyouyo, Pro Mahjong Kiwame S, Winter Heat and Taisen Tanto-R Sashissu!!
- 28th October 2003: David Haywood fixed the controls in the ST-V driver, making Mausuke no Ojama the World and Puyo Puyo Sun fully playable, but Puyo Puyo Sun is extremely slow.
- 27th October 2003: R. Belmont fixed the ST-V crash that happened with -nosound.
- 0.76u1: Ported ElSemi's SCSP core, this gives preliminary sound in the ST-V games, however at the moment most of them play static, Shienryu is mostly correct [R. Belmont]. More ST-V improvements, fixing various graphical issues (Shienryu Sprite Colours) and general other bits and pieces. More games are 'watchable' now, for example Cotton 2, Cotton Boomerang, Puyo Puyo Sun, Columns 97 however they lack controls [David Haywood]. Added YMF292-F_SCSP stereo sound. Leon van Rooij fixed a bug that affected ST-V games when flipping/rotating the image.
- 23rd October 2003: Leon van Rooij sent in an update to the Windows Direct3D code, fixing a bug that caused a black screen in rotated ST-V games.
- 0.76: Various ST-V and SH-2 improvements, Shienryu is improved as are many other games but no more are really playable yet [David Haywood, Olivier Galibert, sthief, Angelo Salese]. Changed visible area to 704x480 in all games.
- 11th October 2003: Brian Troha added the European BIOS to the ST-V driver.
- 0.74u1: Further ST-V improvements [Angelo Salese, David Haywood]. Various SH2 fixes improving master/slave support, this improves Shienryu on ST-V but its not yet playable due to incomplete ST-V emulation) [Olivier Galibert].
- 0.74: More ST-V Improvements [Angelo Salese, David Haywood].
- 0.73: Added vidhrdw\stvvdp1.c and stvvdp2.c. Many Improvements to the ST-V emulation, resulting in Hanagumi Columns being playable and other games on the driver starting to show some graphics [Angelo Salese, David Haywood].
- 1st September 2003: David Haywood and Angelo Salese submitted a major improvement to the Sega ST-V driver with Hanagumi Taisen Columns - Sakura Wars fully playable, except it's missing sound.
- 0.72u2: Angelo Salese did various ST-V improvements, Hanagumi Columns shows a partial title screen (still disabled so you'll have to enable it yourself if you want to see).
- 24th August 2003: Angelo Salese sent in more improvements to the Sega ST-V driver, adding extended modes to the dynamic resolution change and improving the graphics emulation a little.
- 17th August 2003: Angelo Salese sent in an update to the Sega ST-V driver, improving IRQ support, VBLANK interrupts and basic DMA support.
- 25th July 2003: Angelo Salese fixed some things in the ST-V driver.
- 25th June 2003: Angelo Salese sent in a small update to the ST-V driver, adding color RAM emulation but it's not improved otherwise.
- 0.68: Added cpu1 BIOS rom to the stvbios.zip.
- 26th April 2003: David Haywood added a bunch of new ROM sets to the ST-V driver but none of them work.
- 0.63: Added stv.c driver. NOTES: Built to run the rom test mode only, don't consider anything here too accurate. We only run 1 sh2, not both, vidhrdw is just made to display BIOS text, interrupts are mostly not done, most smpc commands not done, no scu / dsp stuff, no sound, you get the idea ;-) 40ghz pc recommended once driver is finished. Any rom which has a non-plain loaded rom at 0x2200000 (or 0x2000000, i think it recognises a cart at either) appears to fail its self check, reason unknown, the roms are almost certainly not bad its a mystery. This hardware comes above hell on the great list of hellish things as far as emulation goes anyway.
- 10th December 2002: David Haywood mostly fixed the ROM loading in the Sega ST-V driver but it isn't otherwise improved.
- 5th December 2002: David Haywood sent in an extremely preliminary Sega ST-V driver that only loads the ROMs and runs the BIOS to some extent.
- 15th May 2002: Guru - Huge thanks to Malcolm McKay for a very nice loan of his wonderful STV cart collection including a main board and no less than 20 STV carts.
|Versione per la stampa
Link diretto alla scheda del gioco