|Immagini disponibili:: |
Nome romset funquiz.zip |
Anno di produzione: 198?
Produttore: Fun World / Oehlinger
Genere del gioco: Quiz
Categoria: Quiz / Tedesco
Questo gioco funziona correttamente in MAME
In MAME dalla versione: .137u1
Salvataggio state: Non supportato
Stato dell'emulazione: Buono
Emulazione colore: Buono
Emulazione sonoro: Buono
Emulazione grafica: Buono
Il driver di questo gioco in MAME è: funworld.c - Leggi il codice
Questo gioco usa un solo schermo: |
Tipo di grafica: Raster
Orientamento schermo: Orizzontale
Risoluzione del gioco 384 x 232 @ 60.000000
Numero di giocatori: 1P
La scheda di questo gioco usa 3 CHIP
Il ROMset si compone di 17 ROM
Riferito alla versione MAME: 0.154
: Gioco Parent
: Gioco Clone
Fun World Quiz (c) 198? Fun World.
L'inserimento di 5 ATS (scellini austriaci) assegna 5 crediti. Per 1 credito un giocatore riceve 500 punti. Per ogni domanda un giocatore può puntare 100, 500 o tutti i punti in suo possesso. Se si risponde ad una domanda in maniera corretta, la puntata è aggiunta ai punti. Se un giocatore raggiunge più di 2500 punti dopo 5 domande, ottiene domande bonus. La partita termina a seguito di una risposta errata.
- FONTI -
Cash Quiz (Type B, Version 5)
Cluedo (prod. 2D)
Coronation Street Quiz Game
Deluxe Trivia ? Whiz (6221-70, U5-0A Edition 5)
Every Second Counts (39-360-053)
Find Out (Version 4.04)
Trivia (UK Version 5.07)
Trivia (Questions Series 1)
Trivia (Questions Series 8)
Give us a Break (3rd edition)
Laser Quiz Italy
Laser Quiz 2 Italy (v1.0)
Master Boy (Spanish, PCB Rev A)
Monopoly Deluxe (JPM) (SYSTEM5 VIDEO)
Monopoly (JPM) (SYSTEM5 VIDEO, set 1)
Parlour Games (Mega-Tech, SMS based)
Name That Tune (set 1)
Pit Boss Supertouch 30 (9234-10-01)
Phraze Craze (6221-40, U5-0A)
Pit Boss II (9221-01C)
Pit Boss Megastar (9244-00-01)
Pit Boss Superstar (9221-10-00B)
Progressive Music Trivia (Question set 1)
Quiz& Dragons: Capcom Quiz Game (USA 920701)
A Question of Sport (set 1, 39-960-107)
Quadro Quiz II
Quiz (Revision 2)
Quiz (Revision 2.11)
Quizard Rainbow 4.1
Quizard Rainbow 4.2
Reel Fun (Version 7.03)
MTV Rock-N-Roll Trivia (Part 2)
Scrabble (rev. F)
Sexual Trivia (Version 1.02SB, set 1)
Super Pit Boss (9221-02A)
Super Trivia Master
SunA Quiz 6000 Academy (940620-6)
Super Triv II
Super Triv III
Ten Up (compendium 17)
Tic Tac Trivia (6221-23, U5-0C Horizontal)
Treble Top (39-360-070)
Trivial Pursuit (Think Tank - Genus Edition) (12/14/84)
Trivial Pursuit (Baby Boomer Edition) (3/20/85)
Trivial Pursuit (Spanish)
Trivial Pursuit (Think Tank - Genus Edition) (set 1)
Trivial Pursuit (Genus II Edition)
Trivial Pursuit (New Edition) (prod. 1D)
Trivial Pursuit (All Star Sports Edition)
Trivial Pursuit (Young Players Edition)
Trivia Hangup (question set 1)
Trivia Hangup (question set 2)
Trivia Madness - Series A Question set
Trivia Master (set 1)
Trivia ? Whiz (6221-05, Edition 2)
Trivia ? Whiz (6221-05, Edition 3)
Trivia ? Whiz (6221-13, U5-0B Edition 4)
Trivia ? Whiz (6221-00)
Adders and Ladders (v2.1) (MPU4 Video)
Skill Trek (v1.1) (MPU4 Video, set 1)
Turnover (v2.3) (MPU4 Video)
Wheel Of Fortune (set 1)
Wizz Quiz (Konami version)
Attenzione: I dati di history.dat potrebbero essere diversi da quelli riportati nel resto della scheda (tratti da MAME), in quanto provenienti da fonti diverse.
|Informazioni su funquiz
0.137u1 [Roberto Fresca, David Haywood]
< German >
- 0.137u3: Roberto Fresca replaced the Fun World Quiz bad ROMs with good ones. Fixed graphics and colors and cleaned-up inputs. Added new gfx1 rom ($c000) and prom ($0).
- 13th April 2010: Roberto Fresca - Again, thanks to 9ofzeven that kindly loaned his board, and Team Europe that got a successful redump, I was able to fix the Funworld Quiz graphics and colors. The bipolar PROM contains a dual palette, that is addressed by PLDs. The first one (seems the official one) is meant for dark-gray background, and the second one for dark-blue background. Now the game is accurately preserved/emulated.
- 0.137u1: Roberto Fresca and David Haywood added Fun World Quiz (austrian) (Funworld 198?). Needs proper banking, and both graphics and bipolar PROM redumps. Roberto Fresca added Fun World Quiz description and hardware notes. More improvements to Funworld driver [Roberto Fresca, David Haywood]: Improved inputs. Proper handlers and banking for Fun World Quiz questions. Complete dipswitches with DIP locations. Promoted game to working state. Added bookkeeping instructions notes.
- 16th March 2010: Roberto Fresca - Thanks to 9ofzeven that kindly dumped his Fun World Quiz board, I was able to add this rare Funworld title. The game is meant to work as "amusement", with high scores like another regular arcade. You can set it as "bet mode", allowing to choose the amount of points to play, but can't be turned to gambling mode (no payout, keyout, etc) for pubs, etc. It's running in a triple board. Main board with graphics, sound, RAM, PROM, PAL, etc. A CPU board with custom CPU based on 65c02, and a ROM board where the questions are stored. Special thanks to David Haywood, that kindly hooked the questions banking handlers. The game has complete inputs + dipswitches and is working properly. Unfortunately one graphics ROM seems to be rotten and the bipolar PROM wasn't dumped yet. So... Just hooked the good graphics ROM to keep the game text readable. Hence it looks so bad. Also I'm currently working in the Funworld button-lamps system, adding fixed lamps layouts by game, instead of a generic one by default.
Romset: 465 kb / 17 files / 143.7 zip
Informazioni su funworld.c (Driver MAME)
0.99u2 [Curt Coder, Peter Trauner]
- Figure out the royalcdc, jokercrd and multiwin encryption.
- Figure out the remaining PIA connections for almost all games.
- Fix Saloon and move it to its own driver.
- Fix the imperfect sound in Magic Card II.
- Reverse-engineering the boot code of Jolly Card Professional 2.0, and Royal Card Professional 2.0 to get the proper codes to boot.
- Analyze the unknown writes to $2000/$4000 in some games.
- Check for the reads to the AY8910 output ports in some games.
- Implement the MCU in monglfir and soccernw.
- 0.147u3: Rewrite M6502 to modern device, cycle-exact and interruptible. Funworld driver wants bitwise ops [O. Galibert]. Replaced M65C02 CPU1 with R65C02.
- 0.147u2: Changed layout\bigdeal.lay to bonuscrd.lay. Fun World driver improvements [Roberto Fresca]: Added 'Bonus Card (Austrian)' from Fun World. Added PCB layouts. Set Big Deal sets and Jolly Card hybrid as clones of Bonus Card. Cleaned up the code. Changed company name 'Funworld' to 'Fun World'. Added technical notes. Default Bonus Card & Big Deal dipswitches positions, that allow boot the system without errors.
- 0.143u8: Added layout\novoplay.lay. Funworld driver update [Roberto Fresca, Rob Ragon]: Documented hopper motor line (temporarily added as an extra lamp). Better documentation of output ports.
- 0.142u1: Funworld driver updates [Roberto Fresca]: Complete support for Witch Royal, from Video Klein. Reworked the button-lamps layout to get the hold buttons more centered.
- 0.141u4: Atari Ace converted Funworld to driver_device.
- 0.139u3: Added includes\funworld.h.
- 0.137u3: Improvements to Funworld driver [Roberto Fresca]: Replaced the Fun World Quiz bad ROMs with good ones. Fixed the Fun World Quiz graphics and colors. Cleaned-up the flags for non working games. Modified the default lamps layout to include the bet lamp. Cleaned-up the Fun World Quiz inputs. Added 4 new Royal Card sets. Reworked parent/clone relationship (delete the old .cfg and .nv files to have them working properly). Splitted the Royal Card machine driver. This is needed to access different halves of the bipolar PROM. Now principal Royal Card sets have a working bet button. Added default NVRAM to the new sets.
- 0.137u1: Added layout\bigdeal, jollycrd.lay and royalcrd.lay. Removed layout\funworld.lay. Improvements to Funworld driver [Roberto Fresca]: Removed all hacks in the rom load section. Now the involved sets are properly loaded in the same way the hardware does. Replaced hardcoded values on graphics decode routines with proper RGN_FRAC calculations. Fixed graphics bitplanes to involved games. Added more hardware/technical info. Reworked button-lamps layouts per game. Cleaned-up the code. Added specific button-lamps layout for bigdeal games. Added specific button-lamps layout for royalcrd & jolycdit, but there is a bug in the d-up select code that lights the wrong lamp. This is a leftover from jollycrd routines. Added dual-state palette (addressable through PLDs). This allow to choose which half of the palette will be addressed. Splitted the main machine driver to cover both palette states. Added another Royal Vegas Joker Card set, from Mile. These sets aren't intended to work with coins. Only remote credits are allowed. There are external modules that can manage up to 4 machines simultaneously, adding/removing/watching credits. Added default NVRAM to the above sets. Added proper inputs and dipswitches to vegasmil.
- 0.137: Improvements to Funworld driver [Roberto Fresca]: Added external default NVRAM support. Changed default settings for some games, now that NVRAM is loaded externally.
- 0.136u4: Improvements to Funworld driver [Roberto Fresca]: Added a new croatian set of Jolly Joker with maximum bet = 40. Moved the hardware description and tech notes to the ROM_LOAD section. Updated technical notes.
- 0.134: Funworld changes [Roberto Fresca]: Discovered and documented new features in clone Jolly Card (Evona Electronics). Removed the commented hack for joly980 driver init since is not needed anymore. Fixed a bug introduced with the massive input change, that didn't allow initialize all sets that need the normal procedure to do it. Updated technical notes. Roberto Fresca fixed all games that need NVRAM initialized aren't working anymore.
- 0.133u1: Funworld improvements [Roberto Fresca]: Removed generic Funworld DRIVER_INIT. Added partial PIAs connection diagram. Updated technical notes. Removed all 7x buttons.
- 0.129: Roberto Fresca correctly setup the MC6845 device in the Funworld driver. Added common device interface and eliminated the screen size & visible area parameters to Magic Card 2.
- 0.128u7: Funworld improvements [Roberto Fresca]: Updated technical notes.
- 0.128u5: Improvements to Funworld driver [Roberto Fresca, Andreas Naive]: Decrypted Saloon's program, graphics and color PROM. Created a new memory map and machine driver for Saloon. Removed set jolycdae (it's not coming from a real board). Renamed the Magic Card II sets. Updated technical notes.
- 0.127u4: Improvements to Funworld driver [Roberto Fresca]: Improved lamps layout for all games. Added Pool 10 pinout and dipswitches info. Updated technical notes.
- 0.125u1: Roberto Fresca found the proper algorithm to decrypt the blue TAB PCB in the Funworld driver. Replaced the old decryption tables with the proper decryption scheme. Updated technical notes.
- 0.124u5: Funworld games [Roberto Fresca]: Fixed AY8910 volume to all games to avoid clips. Merge bigdeal and Funworld machine drivers thanks to the AY8910 rewrite. Removed old unaccurate commentary about magiccrd tiles. All CMC italian games [Roberto Fresca]: Added TICKET and HOPPER buttons to allow payout through the SUPER GAME. Documented the featured SUPER GAME with complete instructions. Improved dipswitches to properly set the payout system. Added 'Super Game Payment Type' dipswitch.
- 0.124u4: Funworld updates [Roberto Fresca]: Removed the temporary hack to jolyc980. Updated technical notes. Moved snookr10 to its own driver. Minor clean-up.
- 0.123u3: Roberto Fresca switched the Funworld color decoding routines to use RESNET code.
- 0.123u1: Some improvements to the Funworld driver and new games added [Roberto Fresca]: Switched to XTAL def. Renamed sets description based on languages instead of countries. Fixed some years and manufacturers. Updated technical notes. Cleaned up the driver. Zsolt Vasvari removed color tables from Funworld driver. Added RESNET color computations where appropriate.
- 0.112: Some improvements to Funworld [Roberto Fresca]: All crystals documented via #defines. All CPU and sound clocks derived from #defined crystal values. Added DIP locations to all games. Added proper tsc87c52 MCU dumps to monglfir and soccernew. Modified the refresh rate to 60 fps.
- 0.110u5: Added vidhrdw\funworld.c. Major Funworld driver rewrite [Roberto Fresca]: Merged/splitted some machine drivers, memory maps and inputs. Unified get_bg_tile_info for all games. Mapped the input buttons in a better format for all games (Keys: 156-QW-ZXCVBNM). Added proper color PROM decode routines. Rewrote the technical notes. Splitted the driver to driver/video. Fixed screen size and visible area to Magic Card II based on MC6845 registers. Fixed CPU clock to 2MHz in all remaining games. Fixed AY8910 volume in all games to avoid clipping. A big Thanks to MAME Italian Forum guys for all their efforts.
- 25th November 2006: Roberto Fresca - Since last update, I decided to rewrite the entire Funworld driver because the thing was becoming a whole mess. Additionally, a lot of improvements were made. I'll post a partial list of changes later. Jolly Card and Royal Card are working properly with full sound and perfect colors. Cuore 1 and Elephant Family have some odd things, but I'm planning to write a program that can run in the real hardware to output some answers... (thanks to f205v/kold/stekka that will send the boards).
- 0.109u4: wolf676 fixed lamps in Funworld driver.
- 22nd October 2006: Roberto Fresca - I still need some pictures of Funworld games running (jolly card, bonus card, magic card, big deal, elephant family, royal card). If you can contribute providing some of them, please contact me here or through the mameworld.info forums.
- 0.109u3: Added layout\funworld.lay. Updated Funworld driver lamps and layout [wolf676]: Added external credit in counter (mapped as coin 1 counter). Added external credit out counter (mapped as coin 8 counter). Added button lamps hold1-5, cancel and start. Added simple button lamps artwork "funworld.lay".
- 0.100u2: Roberto Fresca cleaned up driver flags and parent/child relationships in the Funworld driver.
- 0.99u2: Added funworld.c driver.
|Versione per la stampa
Link diretto alla scheda del gioco